Sleeping positions

thynnlynn
on 12/29/12 2:08 am - MI

Now that I have some time while my thyroid rate adjusts, I have some questions.  No matter how I start out, if I am in a bed, I will sleep on my stomach (which I know is not good).

I do have a nice recliner (with heat and massage) in the living room that I could use, but would have to move a lot of things over there like my VPap, TV, DirecTV box (there is a connection in the living room) and some other things.  Do you think it would be worth it to set it up this way?  I could also sleep on the couch, as it would keep me on my side. (We really do not use the living room at all, so it would not interfere with anything.)

As soon as I heal from this procedure, I have to have a hip revision which will require back or side sleeping for quite some time as I will have to use a walker for several months.

I think I have answered my own question!  I guess I will try sleeping in the recliner tonight and see how comfortable it is.  It would make life a lot easier as I cannot get my walker all the way to the side of my bed and my bedroom is up a couple of steps where the living room is easily accessible.

Blessings,   Lynn    

Band to RnY - 3/13/13

losing-lisa
on 12/29/12 2:13 am - Stevens Point, WI
RNY on 10/31/12

I couldn't get in and out of bed until I'd been home from the hospital for over a week.  Even then, it was very difficult for me to get in and out and I could only sleep on my bac****il about two weeks ago (six weeks post-op).  It wasn't even really comfortable to lay flat in bed until 3-4 weeks post-op.  I bought a recliner this past summer, and I was glad I did, because it worked out great for sleeping after surgery!

Lisa K
Post-op RNY - 10/31/2012

Mal
on 12/29/12 2:29 am

Definately move things into the living room.  It was at least 2 weeks before I could sleep in my bed comfortably.  I needed help in and out of the bed up until that time too the times I tried it.

M'Lane

thynnlynn
on 12/29/12 3:27 am - MI

Thank you for confirming what I had figured.  I had a heck of a time when I had my hip replaced two years ago and the revision on it is going to be three times worse my ortho surgeon tells me.

Best I should get everything in there and get used to it, before I go have my RnY done.

I will have to bring the dog's steps so he can get up on the couch.

We heat the house with two pellet stoves and if I am not using my bedroom, we can close it off for the winter and save on heat!

Blessings,   Lynn    

Band to RnY - 3/13/13

Jen V.
on 12/29/12 4:37 am - Waterford Township, MI
RNY on 06/29/12 with
A lot of people sleep on a recliner after surgery. I think I am the odd one out who was comfortable sleeping on my stomach the day of surgery and have been since.

scarlettbegonias
on 12/29/12 11:27 am - Australia
RNY on 10/19/12

The lapro surgery I was sleeping on my side the second day stomach third, the open surgery I was sleeping kind of on my side with a pillow wedged at about 2-2.5 weeks and was on my stomach at about 4, I didn't really have any trouble getting in and out of bed with either, my second infection though I really struggled to get in and out of bed as my joints were all painful and I couldn't sleep side or stomach for over a week( internal infection not wound)

Band placed April '08 four years of hell-Band removed may '12~Non VSG July 26 '12. All went to hell~RNY on the 19th october '12~Leak & infection 26th october '12 ~infection 24th November '12, 2 weeks hospital~infection 25th dec '12 4 days ~30/5/13 hernia repair 4 days~hw120/sw/115/gw/58kg

thynnlynn
on 12/30/12 2:05 am - MI

I think I will move my stuff in the living room in a couple of weeks and shut off my bedroom.  As soon as I recover from this, I need a left hip revision that is going to be a long-term recovery requiring a walker and I will only be able to sleep on my back or right side.

Blessings,   Lynn    

Band to RnY - 3/13/13

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 210 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 331 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 324 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 334 views
What's on your Monday Menu?