Tomorrow is my Pre-Op

thynnlynn
on 12/25/12 1:42 am - MI

with band to RNY 7 days later, on the 4th!  Time is going so fast right now.  I am excited about seeing the dietician to see what their eating plan is after RNY, as it seems that all are different.

My surgeon does not have a pre-surgery liquid diet, just a good clean out before surgery.  I have been reading about Wendy's chili.  Is this chili something special or can I make my own chili and puree it when it is time?  I have to drive 30 miles to get to a Wendy's.

I have quite a stock of refried beans in the pantry and also quite a bit of cheese for when I get to that stage.

My hospital is a 3-hour-drive south and when done have about 1-1/2 hour drive north to meet up with my youngest daughter and go shopping and out to dinner before heading home.  We are supposed to have a big snowstorm and I sure hope they are wrong but fortunately, my husband will be driving.

I have my unsweetened flavorings and as I am going to WalMart tomorrow, will pick up some of their protein powder.  I have plenty of herbal teas on-hand, have plenty of MoM and also bought a couple bottles of the store-branded GasX and think I am as prepared as possible.  I have a hospital bag packed and have to remember to pack my laptop and phone charger.

I am so very happy I found this place as you are all so willing to share experiences and information.  I will be happy to be on the other side, knowing that it will get a lot worse before it gets a lot better.

A new year and a new life!

Lynn

Blessings,   Lynn    

Band to RnY - 3/13/13

a_dmond_n_the_ruff
on 12/25/12 2:58 am
RNY on 09/17/12

Wendy's chili is just chili!  You can definately make your own.  Nothing special about WEndy's except it's something you can eat if you're out and about. 

Are you planning on going shopping right after surgery?  Or am I reading that wrong?  If so, I advise you not to.  You probably won't feel up to it anyway.  I didn't feel up to much until about 1-2wks out. 

Just take it easy and take your pain meds when you need them.  No need to be a hero lol.  Rest, drink your liquids and don't freak out if you can't get your protein in for a couple of weeks.  It gets A LOT easier when you can start eating real food.  Those first couple of weeks are the worst, so be kind to yourself.

Good luck.

Shannon
HW: 260 SW: 254 DOS:227 CW: 175   27lbs lost before surgery

thynnlynn
on 12/25/12 3:42 am - MI

No shopping after surgery.  We will be hitting the clearance sales after my pre-op testing tomorrow!

I live in the middle of nowhere, so I have to take advantage of shopping anytime I am near a city.

Blessings,   Lynn    

Band to RnY - 3/13/13

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 219 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 331 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 324 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 334 views
What's on your Monday Menu?