Merry Christmas Everyone

Cleopatra_Nik
on 12/25/12 4:08 am - Baltimore, MD

Merry Christmas!!!

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

Laura in Texas
on 12/25/12 5:41 am

And this is why we all need to follow the path that works for us. I eat whatever I want on special occasions or I would feel "deprived". The other 350ish days a year, I watch what I eat. Still under goal this holiday season, my 5th post-op, so it works for me.

Merry Christmas!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

JanBooth
on 12/26/12 4:15 am - KY
RNY on 09/25/12

I hope everyone had a great, healthy Christmas!  Ours was so relaxed and peaceful.  Only problem was that my daughter is sick...stuffy nose, achy, just not feeling well.  But, she pulled herself together to go to her sister's (my stepdaughter) house for dinner.  It was great!  I didn't eat anything that I felt guilty about eating!  I also didn't feel the least bit deprived.  There were foods that used to be favorites, but honestly they didn't even look appealing.  I had delicious turkey and ham, green bean casserole that I made, and a bite or two of the crispy cheese from the top of the mac N cheese.  When others were eating the "real" bread pudding that I made, I had another piece of turkey.  Very nice to just enjoy the family and not so much focus on the food! 
Also, I was worried sick about what I was going to do when our neighbors brought their wonderful, annual cookie tray for us....I tasted a bite of a few cookies and had to spit them out.  For whatever reason, they tasted horrible!  I don't know if I've been away from refined sugar long enough to not like it...or if my tastes have just changed?  Either way, it's a blessing in disguise. 
Happy New Year!! 
P.S.  Multimom...I hope your family gathering went well :)

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~ Dr. Seuss~

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 411 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 263 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 384 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 19 replies · 192 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 101 views
Recent Topics