Crockpot Christmas Breakfast

chickiedoo123
on 12/21/12 3:53 am - MN
RNY on 08/22/12

Hey All -

Happy Friday!  So we have a tradition at our house...Santa (we have an 8 year old chicklet) comes Christmas Eve and when we wake up Christmas Morning Santa has done something special for us ....a fancy art project, candy canes all over the house, trails of Reindeer poop (rasinettes) etc.  So I was thinking if Santa could make a yummy breakfast so this Mr. and Mrs. Claus could wake up in the morning and have breakfast ready from Santa it would be awesome!  The little one would flip!  It is kind of like doing Elf on the Shelf one time!  Plus Santa is bringing me a new coffee pot as well as a new crockpot this year.......

Does anyone have any WLS friendly recipies for egg bake I could jam in a crockpot?  I have a wonder pouch - I can tolerate most everything and my tummy LOVES eggs, cheese, ham etc.

Thanks!  Happy Holidays!

Ellie                
grmadeb01
on 12/21/12 4:09 am - FL

last year i made a taco type of breakfast eggy quesh thngy...and yes thats about what it was...i had a receipe, but totally just winged it....and now i cant remember what it was....but i had googled breakfast queshes.. and lots came up....it was a cross between the egg soaked bread, bread pudding but with taco meat in it....i made a ham n cheese one and a taco one, had some plain greek yogurt to put on top....everyone loved the taco one....it got atie first....i did not do them in the crock pot, as i had made them the night before, and then got up early and plopped in oven and let them cook and went back to bed....for a short bit....

if i can find it again, i will post..but i just gooled and kind of switched it up and winged it to what i had on hand..

you could do steel cut oatmeal in the crock pot, i have seen lots of those receips on the web....mix it all together in the day and let sit, then when head to bed, put in **** pot and cook over night.....on low....add raisines, nuts, cinn, dried fruits etc....then just add a  little milk or cream in the morning...

good luck with your new toys...

debby

chickiedoo123
on 12/21/12 4:21 am - MN
RNY on 08/22/12

Thanks Debby - Makes me want to have breakfast at your house - yummy :-)  Taco egg bake sounds wonderful

Ellie                
artroxy blue
on 12/21/12 7:28 am - MA
RNY on 08/14/12

Are you on Pinterest? They have lots of recipe ideas. Also, keep in mind you can substitute as needed, like egg whites for some eggs, reduced fat cheese, turkey bacon, etc. I'll check and see if I have anything bookmarked already, and post here. 

artroxy blue
on 12/21/12 7:37 am - MA
RNY on 08/14/12

I found this one, and I would just substitute things to make it more WLS-friendly. 

Crockpot Breakfast Casserole

Ingredients:

1 dozen eggs
1 cup milk
1 package (32 oz.) of frozen hash brown potatoes.
1 lb of bacon - cooked, drained and cut into pieces.
1 lb of sausage, browned and drained
1/2 cup green onions - diced 
1 green pepper - diced
3/4 pound cheddar cheese - shredded
1/4 teaspoon dry mustard 
salt & pepper to taste

Directions:

1. Layer potatoes, bacon, onions, green pepper and cheese in the crockpot in two or three layers.

2. Add cheese. 

3. Beat the eggs, milk and mustard, salt & pepper together. 

4. Pour over the whole mixture. 

5. Cook with slow cooker on low for ten to twelve hours or until eggs are set and thoroughly cooked.

Slow Cooker Breakfast Casserole

Ingredients:

1 doz eggs
1 cup milk
1 bag (32 oz bag frozen hash brown potatoes
1 lb bacon, cooked crisp
3/4 cup chopped sweet onion
1 1/2 cup cheese - shredded (cheddar, jack, or both)
salt and pepper 
garlic powder

Directions: 

1. Spray inside of crock pot with nonstick spray. 

2. Layer potato, bacon, onion, cheese 1/3 of each 3 times.

3. In a large bowl, beat eggs with milk and seasonings. 

4. Pour egg mixture over the ingredients in the crockpot.

5. Cook on low 10 - 12 hours, until eggs are set and thoroughly cooked.

Misty Morgan
on 12/21/12 3:15 pm - Goshen , OH
RNY on 04/24/13
I tried the first one after finding it on Pinterest. It was absolutely horrible. Not one person could get past the first bite!

Neaucora
on 12/21/12 1:30 pm - AZ
RNY on 04/23/12

One we do with the oven alot is;

1 dz eggs or egg whites

1/4 cup milk or water

2 cans medium/mild chopped green chilies

1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

My kids love chili relenos (prob spelled wrong). So we came up with a dish with the same flavor but ALOT less work. lol.

Spray a casserole dish with vegetable spray. Beat eggs or egg whites till frothy. Add a splash of milk or water and wisk a bit more. Pour into dish. Add the 2 cans of chilies, stir around to spread out. And sprinkle the cheese on top. Put in oven at 350 for I think 25 to 30 minutes or until done.  It would prob work in a crock pot. I will have to try it.

65rosesmom
on 12/22/12 5:59 am

I make an awesome breakfast enchilad casserole, but I don't know how it would do in the crockpot.  I just let it soak overnight and then bbake when we wake up.

Heather   Mom to 3  
Surgery August 9, 2012
HW = 225, SW= 205, CW 135 

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 490 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 393 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 412 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 227 views