a bad stall

chowell
on 12/5/12 9:53 am - marietta, GA
RNY on 10/04/12

I have weighted the same now for 2 weeks. what do i need to change i cant eat much and i workout everyday. I only get about 500 calories on the average. I walk everyday and go to the gym 2 times a week and ride my stationary bike every nite for 30 mins. I dont know how to get the weight loss going again. I am not ready for a stall yet

Cecily Howell                

poet_kelly
on 12/5/12 10:48 am - OH

The good news is, you're not experiencing a stall yet!  A stall is when you lose nothing for four weeks or more.  Two weeks with no weight loss is not yet a stall.  It's just how weight loss works.

You don't really need to do anything to get the weight loss going again except stick to your plan.  However, you might need more calories than that, especially if you're exercising every day.  Not eating enough can slow weight loss down because it slows down your metabolism.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

(deactivated member)
on 12/5/12 11:21 am
RNY on 08/31/12

I agree with poetkelly. You're not experiencing a stall. I was at 600 calories inching up to 800 after first month and going on to third month. I was told that if one tries to keep the calories "ultra" low, that your body ramps up its ability to effectively use what little it gets. It's OK to slowly increase it a little. I was told by two nutritionists (doctor's and my insurance company) that the ending calorie range for RNY patients could be as low as 800 per day to as high as 1,200 per day with the average being around 1,000 per day.

LJ1972
on 12/5/12 11:57 am - FL

I take in closer to 2000 calories a day. It is dependent on your activity level and how far out you are.

COURAGE TO START, STRENGTH TO ENDURE, RESOLVE TO FINISH 
                              HW 353 SW 317 Original GW 180  Current Wt  170 
                               First 5k 59:18; 5k PR 32:06;  1st 10k 1:20:27; PR 1:08:36
                                                    1st Half Marathon 2:48

Pensacola Double Bridge Run 15k- 1:47:34
                                                  Three Sprint Triathlons

JugglerOne
on 12/5/12 12:14 pm - PA

I had a 5 week stall....settle down......relax. Just do what your supposed to do and it will resume sooner than you know!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 412 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 279 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 386 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 19 replies · 193 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 103 views
Recent Topics