Chewable Multivitamin ?? Kelly

MultiMom
on 11/19/12 8:44 pm - NH

My question....I take Centrum Chewables because I just can't swallow the size of a regular multivitamin. I have been taking the regular Centrum because the Centrum Silver that I have (I think) seen you recommend doesn't have iron. I am post menopausal so I don't need as much as younger women, but still need some. The regular Centrum chewable, however doesn't have selenium.  What to do.....what to do.....

High 250/Consult Weight 245/Surgery 205/Now 109
Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4
In maintenance since June 2009

poet_kelly
on 11/19/12 9:10 pm - OH

Personally, I would take the Centrum silver chewable so I could take my multi and calcium together, and then take iron separately.

However, you could take the Centrum chewables and take selenium separately.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

MultiMom
on 11/19/12 9:31 pm - NH
One of each?

High 250/Consult Weight 245/Surgery 205/Now 109
Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4
In maintenance since June 2009

poet_kelly
on 11/19/12 9:37 pm - OH
On November 20, 2012 at 5:31 AM Pacific Time, MultiMom wrote:
One of each?

I would do one of each multi because that would not give you enough iron or enough selenium, and then you'd need to take extra of both.

What I would do personally is take two Centrum Silver chewables, and then take either two 25 mg Sundown Perfect iron or one Feosol carbonyl iron (that's 45 mg) at least two hours away from you calcium.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 11/20/12 10:05 am, edited 11/20/12 6:05 pm - OH
FWIW, that is what I have been doing for a couple of years. I take one in the morning with a dose of calcium and then take the other at lunchtime along with my extra iron.

Edited to add that I don't take extra selenium.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 213 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 331 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 324 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 334 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 278 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?