finally......

chowell
on 10/15/12 10:11 am - marietta, GA
RNY on 10/04/12
I am almost two weeks out and finally for the first time i was able to get all my protein and liquids in. I am noT able to eat anything really except runny mash potatoes and runny oatmeal or grits, yogart and cottage cheese, everything else is liquid.. but i would like to know how to make fage total 0% taste better. how to add flavor to it. I was having such a hard time eatting that, and cottage cheese how to make it taste good.

Cecily Howell                

Trieditallx2
on 10/15/12 10:30 am
RNY on 09/20/12
 I am 3 weeks out and I was able to add low sugar jam to the yogurt to make it taste better. I added salt and pepper to the cottage cheese to help that, I think you can also add fruit to the cottage cheese, but I didn't try that.
Allen Y.
on 10/15/12 10:34 am - Garland, TX
 I  wonder if a hypnotist could convice you to like cottage chees and foods that are good for you.

I need one to convince me never to eat fried foods!

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 10/15/12 10:36 am, edited 10/15/12 5:36 pm - OH
Try adding a small amount of SF vanilla or cheesecake flavored pudding mix to it (the yogurt, not the cottage cheese!).

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

MrsLitch
on 10/15/12 10:40 am - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12
I don't like cottage cheese but our doc gave out a recipe that a friend of mine who had the surgery loves he adds cinnamin and splenda

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

Oxford Comma Hag
on 10/15/12 10:40 am
I add SF cheesecake pudding mix to my yogurt then sometimes also add a bit of a SF fruit flavored jello. I thin it out a bit with ho****er since the pudding mix tends to make it very thick.

If cottage cheese isn't your favorite, how about some ricotta with a little spaghetti sauce on it (if you are allowed spaghetti sauce, that is)? I also like refried beans.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

chowell
on 10/15/12 11:19 am - marietta, GA
RNY on 10/04/12
i will have to try the ricotta because i love lazanga (mis spelled i know).

Cecily Howell                

lumina99
on 10/15/12 1:30 pm - ME
 I could eat yogurt anytime of the day, but cottage cheese? Barf!!! How in the world does anyone get that stuff past their throat?
Cindyagogo
on 10/15/12 11:08 am
RNY on 02/21/12
I add salsa, tomato sauce or applesauce to cottage cheese. Sometimes refried beans, pureed beets or sweet potatoes.

Polaner All Fruit spreads mix nicely into Fage yogurt. I use it to mix in with mashed veggies to make them creamier. The suggestion to mix in sugar free puddings is good one. I really like Fage plain so i only mix in other things once in a while for variety.

Sometimes I feel like a chemist... experimenting with flavors and textures. Especially with the protein drinks.
JanBooth
on 10/16/12 8:14 am - KY
RNY on 09/25/12
There are different brands of sugar free flavored syrups that you can add to either, really.  I love both Greek yogurt...plain...and cottage cheese, so it's not a problem for me.  But, I do like variety.  A splash of raspberry or white chocolate flavored syrup and yummy!  There are sooo many different flavors. 
If you go to    http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/   this woman has TONS of suggestions for flavoring, foods and other helpful tips.  I love her blog and can't wait until I can progress to some of her recipes. 
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~ Dr. Seuss~

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 411 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 265 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 384 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 19 replies · 192 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 101 views
Recent Topics