pain while eating/drink and after eating/drink

chowell
on 10/13/12 3:12 am - marietta, GA
RNY on 10/04/12
everytime i eat anything or drink anything I get this sharp stabbing pain in my left side and then it travels around the top half of m tummy area. I dont know if i am eating to much or to fast, but it happens after the 2nd bite of soup or the thrid sip of drink. what is going on. i cant lay down or stand up when it happening.

Cecily Howell                

mrsprez_04
on 10/13/12 4:40 am - Racine, WI
You're just out of surgery 1 wk. I'm at 1 month now and at times I still have this issue at times..daily at times. You're right in thinking to slow down.
If I take too big of a swallow or too much I hurt! at times cried. Take it slow and easy. It will get better. I use those pains as a teaching method to change my habits and ways.
Good luck and be kind to yourself.
poet_kelly
on 10/13/12 5:46 am - OH
I would give your surgeon a call Monday.  It's possible you're developing a stricture or something like that.  If you start finding yourself unable to get liquids down, then you need to call sooner, though.

Until you talk to your surgeon, I would stick to liquids and just take small sips at a time.  You can wait a couple minutes before taking another sip.  You'll need to do that all day long to get enough liquids in, but it might prevent the pain.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

MissK123456789
on 10/13/12 9:00 am - PA

I had a similar problem.  My surgeon recommended warm/hot tea before eating.  It really did help.  You really shoulld call and talk to them on Monday.  They know your situation best.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 412 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 279 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 386 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 19 replies · 193 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 102 views
Recent Topics