day 3 post op please help me

chowell
on 10/6/12 8:53 am - marietta, GA
RNY on 10/04/12
I am home and i am having the worst gas pains in my chest, any ideas on how to get ride of it besides gas x and walking. I am already doing these things and nothing is working, i can bearly stand up with out feeling like i am having a heart attack.

Cecily Howell                

pwoo10
on 10/6/12 9:03 am - IN
RNY on 06/06/12
I'm sorry your feeling that bad. Once you get up and start walking does it ease up? Walking is the only way to get rid of it. It does get better.

laura_vermont
on 10/6/12 9:05 am
 Unfortunately, I have to agree with the person who posted above.  Even though it hurts, keep on walking, it really does help.
High Weight 278; consult weight 234; Surgery Weight 219 Surgeon's Goal Weight 150 -10/27/10  -  Personal goal weight 140 - Achieved 12/11/10  

Friendlybyte
on 10/6/12 9:58 am - Greeley, CO
RNY on 08/28/12
Try a warm water bottle or heating pad on your tummy, not too hot though! 
I know that Gax-X thin strips were my best friend... 
              Hope you feel better soon!

a_dmond_n_the_ruff
on 10/6/12 10:40 am
RNY on 09/17/12
I was about to mention the heating pad too.  I put it on my back, cuz that's where it hurt.  Set it on lowest setting...and walk.

Shannon
HW: 260 SW: 254 DOS:227 CW: 175   27lbs lost before surgery

StephWantsToSki
on 10/6/12 11:34 am - CO
RNY on 09/28/12 with
 I remember having horrible gas pains too after my VSG.  I think the gas is still in the muscle tissue and that stretching the shoulder muscles, moving them around, massaging the area will help release the gas and let your body get rid of it sooner.  It might not help in the short term for immediate relief, but it will help it be less by tomorrow is my guess.

“Seldom do well behaved women make history? 
Photography interests:  www.peculiarfocus.com
Jenn29456
on 10/6/12 10:01 pm
RNY on 09/24/12
I was able to get rid of some of it by "rolling" on the bed from side to side, the walking did a lot too. It will subside, good luck
 Jenn
SW 248 GW 130
RNY done 9/24/2012    
val6715
on 10/7/12 1:10 am - NJ
 i swore up and down that I was having a heart attack. The nurses in the hospital kept assuring me that it was the gas (During surgery they input gas into your abdomen to be able to move around better). I was told it is a little different than regular food related gas. The best way is walking. Also, I was given pain medication (at home too) that would relax me a little, some praying or meditation also helped. Once I relaxed and walked, the gas came out like I was a balloon being released. Emabarrassing if you have company, but I warned them ahead of time, leave the room if you can't take it!  You are going to be amazed at how instantly you feel better when the gas starts making an exit! Feel better and believe everyone here when they say get walking.
Jewelsstevens
on 10/7/12 9:26 am - Crandall, TX
RNY on 09/18/12
What everyone above said. I had a sstroke of luck by taking 1 step forward and stretchng a bit to reach something and  let out the longest burp ever. Sometimes the pressure from a non normal position pushes it out.

I sympathize. My gas pain was horrid. It let up after about 5 days.
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 220 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 331 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 325 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 334 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 278 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?