day 9 pre op diet need help.

chowell
on 9/19/12 8:31 pm - marietta, GA
RNY on 10/04/12
Ok I thought this would get easier but it is not. I am so hungry today. I was fine the other day, it is an on and off thing but when its on its worst then the time before. I was pacing a fewhours ago now i am tring posting and bloging. Does it ever get easier. how can you tell the difference from head hunger and real hunger, i am so used to eatting when i feel like this i dont think i know the difference. I dont want to starve myself or not get enough nutrition because i cant tell the difference.

Cecily Howell                

Rebecki65
on 9/19/12 8:41 pm - OR
RNY on 08/20/12
I'm a month out from surgery tomorrow and I feel your pain.  It's part of the process we go through and you just have to move through it.  I wanted to eat so bad and planned my binging after I was healed even!  Baaaad thinking!  It's like the angel on one shoulder and the devil on the other, you just have to master the devil side, and it isn't easy.  Just take it one day at a time, even one hour at a time.  Find some thing to take your mind off of food.  Reading, watching a movie, go for a walk, listen to music, and follow your Dr's plan.  If you follow your plan you should be getting enough food.

*hugs* and good luck.  You aren't alone in this. 

Never get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life!      
HW: 243  CW: 157  SW: 217
RNY: 8/20/12  Age: 48 Height: 5'3"

I've lost 86lbs!  Lost 90, but the honeymoon phase is over.  Now the real work begins!

rynbiz
on 9/19/12 9:50 pm - Surprise, AZ
eat broth it fills you up,it will get easier

2legit2quit
on 9/19/12 9:07 pm - MS
RNY on 10/24/12
a_dmond_n_the_ruff
on 9/19/12 9:16 pm
RNY on 09/17/12
The pre op diet never got easier for me.  At this point, it's real hunger...not head hunger.  You're not eating...you're HUNGRY lol.  Just know it will be over soon.  Try eating ice.  That helped me because I was able to actually chew something.  I ate ice all day.  Hang in there.

Shannon
HW: 260 SW: 254 DOS:227 CW: 175   27lbs lost before surgery

daphneb
on 9/19/12 11:49 pm - AK
Sugar-free popsicles, i got up to three a day where my saving grace.  They said it works as your fluid intake, so I didn't feel so guilty.  That "snacky" wierd not so sure if you are hungry or your old mental mind is trying to take over again.

That good part, now, is that even when you are hungry...you can't eat much anyway.  I am all about eating when I'm hungry, but 4-5 bites in I feel it.  It doesn't take me long and I'm done.

Such a difference from before.  But such a blessing too!  Hang in there, mind and actual are different and your stomach will tell you whether it was a good idea or not.  Listen to your stomach not your brain.

Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!  

Mary Catherine
on 9/20/12 7:29 am
 Sugarfree jello, make large packages and eat the whole thing

laura_vermont
on 9/20/12 7:51 am
Pre-op diet was the hardest part for me.  Seriously.

I found that blending the shakes very thick with ice to be helpful.  Jello and SF popsicles are good too. 

Stay busy, stay out of the kitchen (I didn't even cook for the kids...). Try to focus on the goal.

Good luck,
Laura
High Weight 278; consult weight 234; Surgery Weight 219 Surgeon's Goal Weight 150 -10/27/10  -  Personal goal weight 140 - Achieved 12/11/10  

chowell
on 9/20/12 9:36 pm - marietta, GA
RNY on 10/04/12
thank you for your advice, I have to cook for my kids they are not old enough to cook for themselves and my hubby works untill late at night. I am trying everything i can think of doing to keep myself busy, but i have no strenght and all i do is think about food. The fair was very hard for me all that food around i just wanted to jump on some of those people and take their food but i was really good i just ate grilled chicken pieces, and lots of water,  but i did have a protein shake before going. are protein shakes unlimited like all other liquids

Cecily Howell                

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 221 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 331 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 325 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 334 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 278 views