1 week Post-Op...Struggling

Ashley Goforth
on 9/19/12 2:36 am - CA

I had surgery 1 week ago on 9.12.12. I am doing good when I comes to keeping down my liquid and feeling better everyday, but I am struggling with how bored I am all day!! I feel like I need to be doing something when I dont get to eat. I try and go on walks, come on here and look for support but it is still hard. I have to be on a liquid diet for 3 weeks I have been eatting jello, pudding, water, protein shakes, broth, cream of soups...but does anyone have more suggestions? I am also having a lot of pain in my left side, I know I just had surgery but how long was it till you guys started feeling better? I cant even lay in my bed becasue it hurts soooo bad!

poet_kelly
on 9/19/12 3:35 am - OH
You need  a hobby.  Find something you like to do that keeps your hands busy so you won't want to eat.  I like to crochet or work on other crafts while I watch TV.  Jigsaw puzzles are good, too.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

sexybeaches_1
on 9/19/12 5:09 am - Canada
I am 6 days post op and so bored too. I have made a plan to watch a new movie everyday and i bought some puzzles. I am already to go back to work but will wait at least 2 weeks.  I have some left side pain but its bearable
DangerGirl
on 9/19/12 5:58 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 08/17/12

It really is a good idea to find some sort of a hobby.  You'll have more time on your hands, even when your back to work, just because you're spending less time eating - LOL

I'm a movie buff so I did mini film fests while I was off.  I'd pick and actor and find 3 films they were in that I hadn't seen before, or worked through the extended cuts of the Lord of the Rings movies (which I hadn'****ched in a while) stuff like that.  I found Netflix to be a bit of a lifesaver.

Post surgery, I slept on my couch for two weeks just because it helped me stay on my back or right side, preventing me from rolling over to the left or sleeping on my stomach, that might help.

Hope you feel better soon.

Ashley Goforth
on 9/19/12 12:59 pm - CA
 Thank you for the encouragement! Maybe I will go to the craft store and find a new little project. Today my pain is less which is good. Any suggestion for more iquid items to drink?
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 488 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 392 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 409 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 226 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 119 views
A Year and a Month Out Already.