Holy cow, how long does a stall last!!!

dawney
on 8/29/12 3:14 pm
7 weeks and counting with the up 2 pounds, down 2.  I'm trying to be patient, but geez, just how long can a person hold on! 

Inches are still coming off, but frustration is starting to kick in. 

Whoas me!
Dawn A Boesch    
Jennifer P.
on 8/29/12 3:43 pm - MN
RNY on 07/31/12
 Are you working out and not adding calories?  I have heard from multiple people that when they hit a plateau, it's generally because they need to start intaking more calories, especially if they are working out.  Good luck!

Kat Kat
on 8/29/12 3:50 pm - AZ
A stall can last a few months, but if you haven't tracked your food, you might want to start doing that right away, so you can see if you are consuming more/less calories, and carbs than you think (too few calories can cause the weight loss to stop). You didn't say how much fluid you're drinking a day, or how much protein you're consuming, but if it's on the low end, adding more of both helps the scale move. Also, switching out your exercise helps get things going again too.

Kat

lilbear412
on 8/29/12 6:16 pm - MN
 dawney your almost the same date as me and i have been doing this for months.  yesterday i stepped on the scale and had lost 6 lbs in a week..its been months since i have lost that much.  I am almost panicking though because my time of malabsorbtion is coming to an end and i still want to lose about 25 more lbs.  Its going away though and like you the inches are coming off and thats what matters.  My new size 12's are starting to get big.  
I know i am still super active at work and go home at about 6000 or 7000 steps a day from work and then i try to do something most everyday to keep active.  Must join the YMCA again though in order to keep up my exercise.  Let me know what your up to and what your eating to sorta compare.  I am eating about 1200 calories a day now.  I still eat my protein/vegies/fruitsall the time and rice, pasta and potatoes only a few times a month.  I eat a piece of toast a few times a week and thats about it.  And its 12 grain.  
Anyways, just to let you know, i understand exactly where your at..but there is nothing we can do but keep moving forward.  

Laurie says:  Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind  ~~~ dr. suess

dawney
on 8/29/12 6:26 pm
 Thanks everyone. I'm a slow looser, but I'm drinking my 60 to 70 ounes of fluid and getting my protein in. I think I will try a few Zumba classes and see if it starts going down again.
Dawn A Boesch    
MirandaD
on 8/29/12 7:35 pm - WA
 4 months and counting. Had rny 10 months ago. Doing everything according to plan. Run 3-6 miles every other day. Was swimming laps on every other day, but started taking a nightly fitness (aerobic and strength) class to change things up. Met with nut again ( out of pocket 100% expense) about two months ago. She has upped my calories twice and still no change. At least I'm not gaining with the increase in calories which I really feared would happen. Calories now 1600-1800 per day. 
Nut wants me to have carbs with every meal. Protein first min 70 ( usually get over 100), carbs around 140. 
Any advice is appreciated. It is very frustrating. Not losing much in inches either. 
Miranda
dawney
on 8/29/12 9:23 pm
 Miranda, I'm a year this month and it has been 3 months for me. I still need to loose about 30 to 40 pounds. If I figure it out before I loose my mind I will post it. Hang in there.
Dawn A Boesch    
Infogal
on 8/29/12 2:25 pm, edited 8/29/12 2:26 pm
Add me to the list of people in a stall . I'm almost 13 months out and I've been gaining and losing the same 8 lbs since the end if may! I worry I wont make it to my own personal goal.

This has been my first stall and i'm trying to remember that stalls are normal but the longer it goes on, I worry/stress out that this might be it for me
Infogal            
Reel
on 8/30/12 12:07 am
 Oh my gosh, we all really need to support each other. Many days I feel like a total failure. I've been in and out of various stalls. My 3rd stall just broke about 2 weeks ago, and I only dropped about 5 pounds. My stalls average 2 months. I just hope and pray that I'm not in another one. Also what I noticed is that after a long stall I've dropped weight, and it's been muscle weight not fat. I realize this because I feel weaker and my clothing is not any looser. So I am worried, I don't want to fail. I will settle at 170 pounds, I really hope and pray that I make it there. It will be 10 months this week. Sigh. 

Highest Weight: 314, Pre-Op Weight: 294, Surgical Weight: 279, 1st Goal Weight: 170, 2nd Goal Weight: 155, Current Weight:163

marbrown
on 8/30/12 6:30 am - bridgeview, IL
I hear you all!  I have been in a stall since May-still need to lose 30lbs to meet my goal.  It is discouraging-feel like a failure.  Have been working on upping the protein and have started to journal what I eat.  also realized I need to be more disciplined with exercise.  Sometimes it is just hard to break old habits.  Will try to concentrate on the positive things that have already happened since my journey started. My health and mobility have improved 100%, and it is fun to shop in the regular size section of the store.  My support and prayers go out to all of you in the dreaded "stall"
Marianne        
Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s your plans for Saturday?
Melody P. · 10 replies · 83 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 263 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 277 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 326 views