Im having my Gallbladder surgery next Thursday July 12
i have heard from so many ppl ...that after yr surgery u cant eat
this or that ..
please what do i need to look out for
any help would b helpfull
thank u
poet_kelly
on 7/6/12 10:48 am - OH
What have you heard you can't eat, and why?  The only thing I can think of that might be an issue is something with a lot of fat, since we no longer store bile to help digest fat.  But most of us aren't eating lots of fat at one time after RNY anyway.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

dawnie55
on 7/6/12 10:55 am - Garden Grove, CA
we can eat just about everything ..well at least i try doesnt always work
i know we have to look out for FAT
is there anything else i should b concerned about
kidnamedtoad
on 7/8/12 3:19 pm
Eating fat and soda gave me instant dirreah(cant spell it.) but you can't and don't eat like that anymore anyway.  I had my gall bladder out at Orange Coast in 2002.  I was miserable for years prior to having it out. So glad I did. Mine was outpatient. I went in at 3:30pm. By 5:15 they made me get dressed and I went home.  Good Luck and let me know how it went.
Toad         Starting weight: 249 Day of surgery wt: 217  GW: 109 CW 149                                                                    
Scoobydoo061423
on 7/6/12 11:28 am - OH
RNY on 11/12/12 with
 I had my gallbladder out on monday and was eatting before I even left the hospital. I was told I can eat whatever I want. I'm still having a little trouble with milk though. No need to worry. You aint going to want to eat. I eat like a baby now, its nice lol

Reach for the moon, if you fail at least you will lay among the stars.

Lady Lithia
on 7/6/12 11:48 am
The RNY diet is generally very friendly to GB surgery to begin with. Watch out for animal fats. Cholesterol in the diet can make you feel sick.

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

Jen V.
on 7/6/12 6:00 pm - Waterford Township, MI
RNY on 06/29/12 with
 I had mine out in 2001 and did not alter my diet at all. Did not even have a problem with fats. 

Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday menu?
Ymaliz · 28 replies · 150 views
Another Tuff Day!
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 40 views
What's on your Wednesday menu?
Ymaliz · 59 replies · 388 views
What's on your Tuesday menu?
Ymaliz · 34 replies · 313 views