Loose Skin After Surgery (Repost)

THE_life10
on 7/1/12 10:02 am
RNY on 03/26/12
Thank you so much for sharing! but can i ask you  a question?  Around what size (or after how much lost) did you start to really notice your excess skin?

I'm only 3m post op ..and I see a little in my arms..and I'm starting to see what MIGHT be problem areas but overall i'm having trouble see it because i'm still fat. lol

Height: 5'9 Hw: 285 Sw: 272  Cw: 167 Surg. goal: 165

1m: -20 2m: :-18 3m:-10

4m:-12 5m:8 6m:-4 7m:-3 8m-10:-28

Lady Lithia
on 7/1/12 12:21 pm
I noticed the batwings the most by 5 months out, because that was when we returned to school for fall classes, and here in AZ it's in the 110s in August, so I was teaching in short sleeves with flappy arms. (and I had already lost more than 100 from maximum).

The belly flab sort of came upon me over time. I do think that a lot of my skin recovered well, adn that in these pictures you see a lot less skin than some might have who started with a BMI of 60.

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

Leanne43
on 7/1/12 10:23 am - , Canada
RNY on 06/04/12
first thing you look really good and you can't tell with your clothes on. well we all have that to look forward too since our skin doesn't   bounce back . in canada in some cases if you get infections with your apron medicare will pay for about half of it or more i can't remember exactly what it was. but a friend of mine was quoted around 13 grand for the tummy tuck and arms.

to the girl who's 19 your more than likely not to have to worry about lose skin because of your age your skin may just bounce back with the weight off.

Lady Lithia
on 7/1/12 12:29 pm
Ultimately I enjoy having the "looking good dressed" thing.

The problem I see with the plastic surgery is everyone is always talking about 'This round I'm having..." It's a never-ending process with no end in sight.

I can't afford to have rounds of plastic surgery. I did have $7,000 quoted for breast lift and reduction, no implants. I could have opted for that instead of a trip to Australia for 3 weeks with a two week cruise down to New Zealand. I don't resent the money spent on the trip instead of new boobies.

If I suddenly had a huge windfall of money (and I mean huge, like $100,000) I might choose to get batwing snipped, underarm muffin top tamed, and boobies lifted to "never gonna need a bra again" .... in one procedure.

I don't have the "luck" of getting any skin infections with my apron or anything. Strangely enough, though I had some issues at 350 pounds, I haven't had any issues except the occasional smelly belly button. No chance insurance will pay for it. The panni doesn't hang below the pubic bone, so no chance for insurance to pay for it.

I wish I could get the breasts done for free, (or with insurance copays) since they're highly unbalanced due to the fact that I had a lumpectomy that went BADLY wrong and lost nearly half of one of my breasts (the lumpectomy/biopsy was benign). But alas, the laws about putting a breast cancer patient back together again don't apply to those who are lucky enough to be mutilated without the "benefit" of cancer. So I live lopsided.

kidnamedtoad
on 7/1/12 2:31 pm
You are smaller, healthier and look fabulous in clothes!  You'll never regret the trip to Australia and New Zealand!
Toad         Starting weight: 249 Day of surgery wt: 217  GW: 109 CW 149                                                                    
debbie0321
on 7/1/12 4:07 pm - Cincinnati, OH
RNY on 08/06/12
I tried to look at your pictures but I think your profile must be set to private. I'd love to see you pictures. I'm a big girl and I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to look after weight loss. Right now I'm at 365 with my highest weight at 404. My surgery date is set 8/6 and I hope to loose 15 lbs by then. I've bee trying to figure out if I can reach my goal of 150 by the time the malabsorption ends. What if I don't? Do people keep losing if they try really hard??
Lady Lithia
on 7/2/12 1:44 am

at the bottom of this post there's a button called "add friend" feel free to pu**** and I'll add you.

The big deal about this surgery isn't to get to some particular goal by "the end of malabsorption" because what that does for you is give you a hand up. You have to change your habits permanently and then, malabsorption or no, you'll be successful.

I got to goal at month 29. Right now, according to my scale whose batteries probably need replacing, it puts me at 6 pounds over goal, and 5 pounds under optimum weight for me. You might not get to a particular number on the scale, because it's deceptive anyway. Aim for health goals, followed by size goals. The scale number is a bunch of hogwash overall. You'll have extra skin, and your BMI might be like my goal weight (26.7 BMI) but the body beneath the deflated fat suit was slender, with big bones and a large frame. Aim for health, and good habits, and smaller size, and to heck with the number on the scale. It's just a target, but if you don't hit it, that's fine. If my scale isn't lying, I'm about to be back in teh 150's range (I was 160.1 this morning)... and that's too slender for me, but my 10s are tight, so I have to lose some fat, and gain some muscle. If I can trade 5 lbs of fat for 5 lbs of muscle, I'll fit nicely into the 10s, have a higher metabolism and be a lot healthier. I haven't changed an ounce, but I will have changed size.

Good luck. I'm pretty sure my highest was about teh same as yours, and my goal weight of 154 isn't that far off yours either. It's a TOUGH road you're setting down and I know it's not easy. Good luck!!!!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 438 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 342 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 180 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 397 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 204 views