Preapproved for surgery - RNY - revision from sleeve

Carmen C.
on 6/5/12 5:12 am
RNY on 08/08/12

I had my sleeve in 12/08- and lost around 75 pounds and regained 50 pounds back due to major.. major things
happen in my life and i used food as a comfort.. I know that I am starting over, but I have learned major lesson
this is just a tool and have to learn to take care of myself and love myself enough that no matter what hits my life that I don't seek food as my comfort.

Since then, I have seeked therapy to deal w/ my issues with food, and counseling and put on antidepressants, I started for a couple of months now on drinking protein drinks, saying NO to foods I know are weakness in my life
to just get off the coach.. Over and over again I remember as weight started climing I wanted to stop but couldn't figure out how I could. With prayer, church, and support and counseling I believe this time is diffrent time around.

I have it settled in my heart, with or without surgery.. I won't stop eating healthy, and taking 1 day at a time. The surgery is not a miracle and I can still regain the weight back after doing this surgery, it's a complete lifestyle change..

I am taking as much time off as I can so I can ensure this WILL not be a failure.. it will be a success.

Surgery is scheduled August 15th CAN"T WAIT

laura_vermont
on 6/5/12 5:21 am
Welcome!  I'm not a revision, but have lost and regained over 100lbs in the past.... so no judgement.  Good luck!
High Weight 278; consult weight 234; Surgery Weight 219 Surgeon's Goal Weight 150 -10/27/10  -  Personal goal weight 140 - Achieved 12/11/10  

Capt_Kirk
on 6/5/12 11:01 am - WA
RNY on 06/12/12
 Please don't take this as a judgemental post, but I do have a question... why the RNY revision?  Does the sleeve no longer function in the same manner as before?  I guess I'm curious what the benefit gain is, from having another drastic surgery?  The size of the stomach from Sleeve to RNY isn't that much more (I know because I had planned on getting the sleeve for months prior to being told I can't anymore...).  Is it only for the malabsortion?

For me, I would identify what the issue is, and why the regain (and it seems like you have done this) and then use the tool to get the weight off.  I know a few people who have regained substantial weight, but came to their senses and worked to lose it, by utilizing the tool.
Carmen C.
on 6/5/12 1:05 pm
RNY on 08/08/12
I started at 315 and was told I had to go from a sleeve to DS to loose all my desired weight because my bmi was too much. At the time I had insurance that covered it at 100%, after having the surgery I lost my job so that option was out the window. I didn't have coverage til now. During the past almost 4 years i am on the max of medication for my acid refulx, I have been seen and had so many tests done, I have developed a hernia and damaged my throat from the acid- the doctors determined the only resolution was gastric bypass because that will stop the refulx. That was a result of the surgery, because NEVER had acid issues before surgery. I am on so many medications and was told it's only going to get worse.

I am basically just doing the second part of my surgery that was needed. My insurance doesn't cover DS only covers RNY. This will help me ensure I continue to loose and keep the weight off but MOST of all take care of my acid refulx problem.

Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday menu?
Ymaliz · 33 replies · 278 views
What's on your Monday menu?
Ymaliz · 31 replies · 350 views
Monday Monday
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 46 views
Terrace Relaxin on Sunday
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 53 views