Have to loose 15 pounds before final approval- Any thoughts

Carmen C.
on 5/23/12 4:03 am
RNY on 08/08/12
I have been cutting back, focusing on carbs, lots of water.

Any other thoughts?
courtwillbehealthy
on 5/23/12 4:06 am - burlington, VT
 LOTS OF PROTEIN, Walking :) zumba (you can even go on youtube and watch it) veggies if your still hungry after eating. :) 

poet_kelly
on 5/23/12 5:02 am - OH
Are you working with a registered dietician?  I recommend doing so, because they can help you develop a plan that takes into account your likes and dislikes, and will help you lose the weight but also not feel like you're starving.

I would focus on lean protein, getting about 50 grams a day, and fill up with fresh fruits and plenty of veggies after that.  If you eat small meals frequently, you won't get too hungry and that can also increase the metabolism (at least some sources say it can, anyway).

I don't know if this is true for you or not, but for me, it was never hard to come up with a plan that would lead to weight loss.  It was hard to stick to it.  I knew what to eat.  I just ate stuff I knew I shouldn't.  If that's an issue for you, I would work on staying focused.  Remember this is a temporary diet you need to do in order to get surgery, which will give you a permanent tool that will help you with your weight for the rest of your life. 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Time_for_Monica
on 5/23/12 5:16 am - Levittown, NY
 Try Atkins, it helps when you need to lose weight really fast.. .if you do it exactly by the rules. 

Lilypie - (kDs2) Lilypie - (Ukoq)                            
  Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Addie C.
on 5/23/12 5:40 am - TX
VSG on 10/01/12
A year ago I changed my diet to red meat and nuts, lots of fresh veggies like beans, broccoli, cut out the sodas and if you need flavor just crystal light to a bottle of water. in two months I lost 20lb. Eat  things high in Protein you will be hungry more so eat nuts or beef jerky, keep flushing your body with water lots of it. You will feel really weak the first couple of days cause your body is using the fat you have stored up. but in a few days you will feel so much better. NO BREAD is also a rule. No corn or carrots. If I think of any thing else I will post but this IS a quick and easy way to drop so pounds in a short period of time. I just couldn't keep it off slowly went back to breads and sweets. I am glad to be having RNY soon. Hope I helped any questions just ask.
Addie

Addie C.
on 5/23/12 5:45 am - TX
VSG on 10/01/12
Also salads and meat not just red meat. Chicken, fish, pork! Try to eat thing with lots of protein and low carbs. it is kinda like the Atkins but modified.lol 

acrespin1
on 5/23/12 8:23 am
RNY on 05/16/12
I recommend cutting out carbs and sugar. I went thru a doctor that is in with my surgeon. He only handles the medical side of things, no surgery. I did a program with him called New Direction. I drank 3-4 shakes a day (they also have puddings, soups, bars). It is high protein, about 27 grams per serving, and max of 5 grams of sugar per serving.  By taking in all of this protein and minimal sugar, you trick your bodies metabolism. Normally you burn carbs for energy, but when you starve your body of the carbs,  your metabolism will convert into ketosis and burn fat instead. It is a strict diet, and it takes about 3 days to convert to ketosis, but once you do, you will lose the weight very quickly. I lost 40lbs in the month of February alone! It works! I did it for insurance as well and ended up losing more than I had too. Good luck!!!
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday menu?
Ymaliz · 33 replies · 278 views
What's on your Monday menu?
Ymaliz · 31 replies · 350 views
Monday Monday
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 46 views
Terrace Relaxin on Sunday
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 53 views