HAIR LOSS

dawnie55
on 3/9/12 9:26 am - Garden Grove, CA
IM STARITING TO LOSE MY HAIR..I JUST STARTED USING BIOTIN
THEN I READ SOMETHING ABOUT SILICA BY PURITAN
IS IT THE SAME THING ....WHICH ONE IS BETTER?
Bettisima
on 3/9/12 9:39 am
Neither is going to do much to stop the hair that is falling out. Hair grows in cycles and what you are losing now is a result of your actual surgery and immediate days post op.

Supplements help with regrowth. Just be aware that these supplements help with ALL hair growth. Including perhaps some unwanted facial hair. I have a few extra hairs on my chin that I am not thrilled about.

Making sure you stay ontop of your protein intake is the best suggestion I have. Yes you will lose hair, yes you will swear that you are going bald. Then it stops. Then you notice all of the little spiky hairs as regrowth is underway. It may mean the need for a new style, but it is definitely something that you will overcome.. And laugh about a few months from now.

Best of luck!
dawnie55
on 3/9/12 9:49 am - Garden Grove, CA
THANK U FOR THE INFO...IT REALLY HELPED
dawnie55
on 3/9/12 10:03 am - Garden Grove, CA
HOW LONG DOES THE HAIR LOSS LAST ...A FEW MONTHS OR LONGER..I HAVE VERY LONG AND THICK HAIR
Oxford Comma Hag
on 3/9/12 11:38 am
Hair loss time varies. Some of us are very affected and some just a little. I am closing on six months post op and mine has really started to shed--between me and my pets, my house is covered in hair.

Take heart, though. As others have said, it does come back. Biotin might help with regrowth. Inositol (which is in the B vitamin family) may help slow the loss. I take both and I still shed a lot. *shrug* the upside to this is that it doesn't take me long to do my hair!
terriphillips417
on 3/10/12 12:32 am - Graham, WA
I just started taking Biotin.  I don't know if it helps the hair on my head (it hasn't gotten worse), but the hair on my legs has gone crazy!  I could shave twice a day!  More facial hair too, I even had a nose hair sticking straight out of my nose!

nana2boys
on 3/11/12 5:32 pm
Mine started at 3/4 months.  I had long hair almost down to my waist.  I finially had to have it cut as it was coming out by the brush full.  Just the stress of combing or brushing it was making it come out as well because of the length.  Especially when wet.  I lost over 3/4 of my hair.  Just to keep what I had left, I decided to get it cut short.  Now at 7 months, it is starting to get some new growth.  Thank goodness I had thick hair to start with.

Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday menu?
Ymaliz · 28 replies · 164 views
Another Tuff Day!
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 43 views
What's on your Wednesday menu?
Ymaliz · 59 replies · 397 views
What's on your Tuesday menu?
Ymaliz · 34 replies · 314 views