MY SUPPLEMENTS

dawnie55
on 2/26/12 5:32 am - Garden Grove, CA
THIS IS WHAT MY DR. SUPPLEMENTS REQUIREMENTS ARE:

CALCIUM:  1000-2000 MG DAILY
VITAMIN D: 800-1000MG DAILY ( OKAY TO COMBINE WITH OR  TAKE SEPARATELY FROM CALCIUM)

VITAMIN B12: 1000 MCG OF SUBLINGUAL ( UNDER THE TONGUE)

MULTI-VITAMIN /MINERAL ( COMPARABLE TO A CENTRUM A-Z )

VITAMIN B COMPLEX

IRON : 325 MG OF FERROUS SULFATE OR 65 MG OF ELEMENTAL IRON
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THIS IS WHAT I'M TAKING :
BY: CAL-EZ PACKETS
VITAMIN D3..1000 I.U.
CALCIUM : 1000MG

BY: BARIATRIC ADVANTAGE
CHEWABLE IRON -60 WITH VITAMIN C  ( ONE DAILY) OR EVERY OTHER DAY

B-50 COMPLEX WITH ACTIVE B - VITAMINS  ( 2 DAILY CAPSULES)
SOME TIMES I TAKE ONLY 1 CAPSULE

MULTI-FORMULA CHEWABLE ORANGE FLAVOR ( 2 DAILY)

BY: VITAMIN SHOPPE
VITAMIN B12 1000MCG

I WANT TO CHANGE THE CALCIUM / VITAMIN D
WANNA FIND SOMETHING CHEAPER IN PRICE ON
ALL THE VITAMINS....NEEDS HELP MONEY IS REALLY TIGHT RIGHT NOW
jojoyoyo
on 2/26/12 6:04 am - canton, MA
I buy all my chewables at TArget. They have a huge assortment and very reasonalbe.
poet_kelly
on 2/26/12 6:47 am - OH
But Target does not carry any chewable calcium citrate.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Winnie_the_Pooh
on 2/26/12 6:09 am
Recommended levels of calcium citrate are 1500-2000 mg per day.  You should only take 500-600 at a time which means you need to take it 3 or 4 times daily.

1000 IU of D3 probably isn't enough either.  I was taking 4000 IU per day and my D3 was in the tank.  My SIL who had gastric bypass 3 years ago said she hasn't met anyone who could maintain with less than 10,000 IU per day.  The problem is that it is hard to find dry D3 at that level.  D3 in oil does not help since we don't absorb the oil and therefore don't absorb the D3.  So I buy mine from vitalady.com.  I'm not sure if it is cheap but it's what I need.

Most of my other vitamins I buy at Walgreens,  CVS or Rite Aid when they have buy one get one free sales.  I buy the store brand or generic Calcium Citrate petites which are 200 mg per day.  Therefore I take 9 per day.  3 every dose.  But they are small and easy to swallow.  One of them has something on sale all the time so I just check my vitamin shelf in the cupboard and stock up.

Winnie

poet_kelly
on 2/26/12 6:48 am - OH
I've never heard of Cal-Ez.  Is it calcium citrate?  Just FYI, the ASMBS says you need 1500-2000 mg calcium citrate daily.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

kidnamedtoad
on 2/26/12 12:13 pm
Hi Dawnie,
I get my chewable multivitamin at Trader Joe's and my sublingual b-12 there too!  Their prices are reasonable. CVS had a BOGO sale and I picked up dry D3 there.  I got the swallow kind of calicum citrate with maganesium and d at Costco.  The chewable calcium was bankrupting me.   I don't like having to take a drink after I've eaten to take the calcium but I try to take just a sip and so far so good I'm not choking on it because they are horse pills. I am a little farther out so the doc said I can do swallowable after 3 months.
Toad         Starting weight: 249 Day of surgery wt: 217  GW: 109 CW 149                                                                    
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday menu?
Ymaliz · 28 replies · 164 views
Another Tuff Day!
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 43 views
What's on your Wednesday menu?
Ymaliz · 59 replies · 397 views
What's on your Tuesday menu?
Ymaliz · 34 replies · 314 views