veterans....What was your re-bound weight gain?

poet_kelly
on 2/24/12 2:52 am - OH
I think it's really different for everyone.

I ended up almost 20 pounds below goal and maintained that until I was nearly three years out.  Then I started taking some medication that is known to cause weight gain, and I gained about 23 pounds.  I'm not on the medication any longer and I've lost six pounds so far.  I don't really mind if I don't lose all that I gained back since I was below my goal weight anyway, but I sure didn't like seeing the scale go up and I'd feel good if I lost a few more pounds.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Laura in Texas
on 2/24/12 4:26 am
My goal weight since I was 20 has always been 140. It was a weight I was comfortable with back then so I chose it again when I had weight loss surgery at the age of 42 (my highest weight was 339). I got down to 132 and upped my calories to get back to 140. I have maintained at 140 for over 2 years now. So I'm not sure if I "bounced" or gained because I purposely ate more. I will say I'm a daily weigher and if I'm up 3 pounds I cut back to lose them. +3 is my limit.

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Carol S.
on 2/25/12 2:25 am - Milwaukee, WI
 At 5 years out I was 235 (lowest was 152) from 285.  Today I weigh 155-157lbs.  I dealt with alcholism in there though.  I've been sober for awhile now and the regain is gone.  I had to deal with my baggage before the weight could come off again.
Carol

SW/276 CW 150 GW 185

9 Years out.

Carol S.
on 2/25/12 2:44 am, edited 2/25/12 2:45 am - Milwaukee, WI
 Oh and what I have recently found is that if I want to continue to run long distances (5 plus miles/day) I cannot be below 155.  It is just something that works for me.

At some point any person has to find the balance that works for them.  For me it's not always a number but it is about what really works for what I want to do with my life/fitness goals.
Carol

SW/276 CW 150 GW 185

9 Years out.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 2/25/12 3:00 am - OH
 I reached my lowest weight at 20 months out (2.5 lbs below my goal weight) then, within 2 weeks,had bounced up 5 pounds.  I have maintained at a couple of pounds of that ever since.  If weight creeps up 5 lbs, I up the protein and cut the non-dairy carbs to get it back off. I cannot for the life of me get back down that initial 5 pound rebound, though!  Clearly, my body wants that extra 5 pounds.

lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday menu?
Ymaliz · 28 replies · 168 views
Another Tuff Day!
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 43 views
What's on your Wednesday menu?
Ymaliz · 59 replies · 397 views
What's on your Tuesday menu?
Ymaliz · 34 replies · 314 views