vitamins

dawnie55
on 2/8/12 2:35 am - Garden Grove, CA
what happens if u double up on your vitamins...say that u havent been taking
them on a REGULAR  bases....what can happen ?
no blood work has been done yet...to what my levels are
cookies4pennies
on 2/8/12 2:39 am
You should be doubling your multi and calcium now anyway.
Don't try to "catch up" by taking more, just start today taking what you should.
Your labs will reflect what you need more of when you get them done.
              Note to self..... Slow and steady wins the race!       Repeat...

poet_kelly
on 2/8/12 2:41 am - OH
It depends.  If you are deficient in those things, the doubling up on them would be good, it would help your levels get up to the right level.  If you are not deficient in those things, doubling up on them could cause you to get too much, depending on what the vitamin is.

Why haven't you been taking them?  What vitamins specifically are you thinking of doubling up on?

It's about time to get your three month labs done anyway, right?  So maybe just start taking the standard vitamins now, get your labs done, and then see if you need to increase anything.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

rbb825
on 2/8/12 12:23 pm - Suffern, NY
You are only 2 and half months out so you shouldn't be that bad off.  Never double up without know what is going on.  You should be getting labs done at your 3 month follow up and if they dont' plan on doing them, request them so you can know where you stand.

you should be taking a multi 2 times per day, 1500-2000mg of calcium citrate per day, carbonyl iron with vitamin C (tender irons from vitalady.com are the best and have the proper combination of iron and vitamin C in the capsule) - taking 2 at a time is a good starting dose.  Dry D3 from vitalady.com - either 10,000-15,000 units per day or 50,000 units 2 times per week to start depending on your vitamin D level, Vitamin B12 - 1000mcg of sublingual B12 mimimum most need alot more or montly injections and adjust after first set of labs.  Vitamin B1 - 100mg daily.

Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday menu?
Ymaliz · 28 replies · 168 views
Another Tuff Day!
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 43 views
What's on your Wednesday menu?
Ymaliz · 59 replies · 397 views
What's on your Tuesday menu?
Ymaliz · 34 replies · 314 views