Anyone here with Raynaud's?

(deactivated member)
on 2/9/12 10:48 pm
Hmm, interesting... I know nothing about Raynaud's but I guess I'm going to have to read up.  The last couple times I've gone grocery shopping, my index fingertips have become numb and turned absolutely WHITE (yesterday though, it was only the left one... the right was fine).  So strange... held the two index fingers up and one is pink, the other looks like it's dead.  It was a little scary, I have to tell you...

I got into the car and held the finger in front of the heater to warm it up while shaking my hand.  Is it just poor circulation?  Seems very odd to me that it's only happening while I've been walking around, and presumably blood is pumping through a little better than when I'm sitting and working all day!

Going to head to the PCM if it happens again...

tori
(deactivated member)
on 2/9/12 10:58 pm
Well, I may have MY answer.  My doctor recently put me on propranolol as a preventive for migraines.  When I was reading up on Raynaud's, one source mentioned that Raynaud's can sometimes be seen in those taking propranolol as the medication is known to potentially cause cold extremeties.  How interesting...

I guess I'll see how bad it gets to determine if another med for migraine prevention will have to be tried instead!

tori
Most Active
Recent Topics