how often do you do blood work

dawnie55
on 2/3/12 1:05 pm - Garden Grove, CA
just wondering about blood work ...i have heard different storys 3 months 6 months ...i reall like to know
poet_kelly
on 2/3/12 1:06 pm - OH
Some people do it more often than others.

Most docs recommend it every three months the first year.  Then either once or twice a year.  I do mine every six months.  I think a whole year is too long to go without labs.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

dawnie55
on 2/3/12 1:16 pm - Garden Grove, CA
ok thank u
rbb825
on 2/3/12 1:24 pm - Suffern, NY
I am 3 years plus post op and still get labs done every 3months and in between if there are problems that need to be rechecked

Diminishing Dawn
on 2/3/12 7:11 pm - Windsor, Canada
I agree with poet-kelly.  Once you get to the year mark, do not leave your labs to "one time a year only".   There' s too much that can go wrong.

I did so as recommended by my surgeon, and my iron completely tanked this year.  I'm at a ferritin level of 5 (maybe less now) and my usual level is 100-110!!!  I'm waiting to see how my current batch of bloodwork turned out and then may have to be referred to a hematologist to get iron transfusions.  Go at least 2 x a year...3 is even better.

Dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday menu?
Ymaliz · 28 replies · 164 views
Another Tuff Day!
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 43 views
What's on your Wednesday menu?
Ymaliz · 59 replies · 397 views
What's on your Tuesday menu?
Ymaliz · 34 replies · 314 views