Ashamed

Paula F.
on 1/22/12 9:16 am - Rochester Hills , MI
Hi Eileen,

While I am only 4 months out, I can identify with your loss.  I also gained a significant amount of weight after losing my mom, dad, brother, one of my sisters, my grandma and my boss all in a very short time.  I was was devestated emotionally and instead of turning to a counselor, I consoled myself with food making my weight problem that much worse.

Most of my family had illnesses that lead to their early deaths and after awhile it occured to me that my kids were going to have to deal with the same devestation (losing me)  if I didn't get control of myself.  So, I decided it was time to get myself healthy and use good  health as a way to honor the loss of my loved ones.  They would want me to fight for my life.  The surgery was a god-send and a wonderful tool.  You already have it and it is still there for you to use.  Just take a deep breath and march forward to good physical health again.  You have done yourself a favor by recognizing you need to do this before you get way in over your head.  You know the drill.  Up your protein, write everything down you eat, limit carbs, exercise, etc.

I think the last thing you might consider doing is giving yourself the gift of counseling to help you come to terms with the emotional devestation.  It isn't a bad thing to ask for emotional help.  Take a deep breath and march toward good emotional health again.  You deserve it.  You need to talk and work it through, not just have a doc give you a pill unless there is a legitimate reason, in addition to counseling, to do so.  Sometimes pills alone just treat the symptom and not addressing the underlying issues doesn't solve anything.  It just puts a bandaid on the problem.

I wish you the best and pray for you on your journey back to total wellness,
Paula
dianabelle12
on 1/22/12 11:43 pm
I agree with the others,dont be so hard on yourself you are only human!Start over and fight for what you want and you will do great!HUGSSSSS!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics