Surgery coming up on Mon. & I have a cough....

sccuddlers
on 1/9/12 8:12 am - Fort Mill, SC
RNY on 01/16/12
 I have my surgeyr on the 16th and I have had what I think is a cough from allergies (we have a new kitten) since Thursday. Today it seemed a little worse. I am not sure if I need to go to the doctor or not.  Did anyone get sick before their surgery? Did you have to delay it?  I am so worried and not sure what to do.  I don't have a fever or even a stuufy noise, just an annoying tickle.

Thanks!
~Kimberly  visit me at learn.love.live.

The 3 C's of life: choices, chances and changes ~
You must make a choice to take a chance or your life will never change.

chefstacielynn
on 1/9/12 8:39 am - TX
RNY on 01/16/12
I am in the same fix mine is next monday and now I am getting a cold. I dont have a feaver just stuffy and a cough if it not better by wensday I am going to call my Dr. Good luck next week.
 dont worry be happy      
sccuddlers
on 1/9/12 8:47 am - Fort Mill, SC
RNY on 01/16/12
 I think I may give in and call the doctor tomorrow.  I am still not sure if I should call my surgeons office or my regular doctor.

Good luck with your cold and surgery.

MickyD
on 1/9/12 9:09 am - KY
I would call your weight loss center.  Of course it's a week out.  But, you don't want to be sick going under and you don't want any unnecessary coughing after surgery.  If it's allergies maybe you can take something.  You may want to let someone else take care of the kitten until you have recovered.  Good luck with your surgery.  Mine was Dec 16th . 
WhoIWantToBe *.
on 1/9/12 9:57 am
RNY on 01/10/12
 Zicam Zicam Zicam!

My husband and daughter both had HORRIBLE colds last week, and I started the tickly feeling too.  My pharmacologist aunt swears by the Zicam, so I started it immediatly and didn't get it.  My daughter ended up on antibiotics with a sinus infection.

AND call the doctor.
way2kay
on 1/9/12 10:47 am - Crosby, TX
 i had an allergy cough that started two days before my surgery...i was coughing the whole time they were taking my vitals before my surgery...everyone has such bad allergies around here, they didn't seem very concerned & my surgery went off without a hitch...didn't really cough much while i was in the hospital, nothing to bother my allergies in a sterile envirenment i guess...good luck!!!!
Kay

Friendship is born at the moment when one person says to another "What! You too?  I thought I was the only one!!"           - C.S. Lewis    
myminime
on 1/9/12 12:09 pm - Eugene, OR
Maybe pop some extra vitamin C?

I felt a little off the day before surgery, but i figured that was the plane ride the day before and the joys of a liquid diet. I woke up the morning of surgery and was feeling a little icky. Turns out I got myself a cold, and it had me staying in the hospital for an extra three days because I was giving myself a good run toward pneumonia.

If it does turn into a cold, make sure you call your surgeon! Mine said that because I had major surgery, I couldn't fight off anything and it made it worse.

Also, after surgery, make sure you use your incentive spirometer (if your hospital uses one) - it's the little breathing machine. It helps move fluids so they don't sit in the bottom of your lungs and give you more cooties

Hope you feel better!
HW:  255  SW:  225.7  CW:  156.3

sccuddlers
on 1/9/12 10:04 pm, edited 1/9/12 10:19 pm - Fort Mill, SC
RNY on 01/16/12
Thanks everyone!

I have a call into the surgeon's nurse to see what they want me to do. Now I wait for a reply. I HATE waiting, especially when I know the longer I wait the harder it will be to get an appointment today. Pray they call me back soon!

UPDATE! They want me to see my primary and get treated asap. So I have an appointment at 11am with the PA at my GP's office. Wish me luck!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 490 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 393 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 412 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 227 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 119 views
A Year and a Month Out Already.