gained 70lbs after 4yrs out

Lisa R.
on 1/8/12 6:35 am - CA
 First, thank you for this post.  I am 5 lbs from goal and the fear of regain is the biggest thorn in my side.  In the past all weight I have ever lost I have always regained it back, so what makes it so much different this time.

I think Lora hit it on the head, that you have to think of this as a life style and you have to keep yourself accountable.  Some people stay off the scale, but I weight in everyday and I plan to keep doing so for the rest of my life.  If my weight goes up I adjust.  

You can totally lose this weight again, it won't be as easy as it was right after surgery, but it can be done.  I know you can do it!  Go back to basics, eat protein first, avoid the wrong carbs and eat often in small portions.  You still have your tool!  You still have a very small pouch....use it.  

Good luck!

The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. ~ Ayn Rand        
jen101us
on 1/8/12 6:54 am - Temple City, CA
i just want to thank all of you for the support and the advice.  it's profoundly helpful and inspiring.  i'm feeling more positive about being able to loose the weight.  thank you all :)
redrider
on 1/8/12 6:57 am
Do you have a Smart Phone? If so, in addition measuring, and weighing your foods, use an app to track your nutrician, exercise, and fluids.. I like LoseIt, but Target Weight, and MyFitnessPal are also good. If you'll use the app consistently, it will be very instructive and help you reveal patterns in your eating, fluids, and exercise.
>>>RedRider                     
(deactivated member)
on 1/8/12 9:27 am - Canada
Hi - I am 4 years out as well - and recently rejoined this forum to get re-grounded in the rules because I too have gained weight. My lowest weight as well was 160 - and you know what? YOU AND I CAN BOTH GET BACK THERE. I have gained 20 pounds and it has been a wake up call to me to make some changes.

My suggestions that are helping me too right now - is to remind yourself that you are bypass patient by going on fluids for a couple days, in my case it shrunk my pouch a bit and reminded me of the basics. I now feel full again after less food. It isn't easy for us to stop all the munching cold turkey now that we are back to old habits - mind over matter, get moving, out of the house, and move in a positive direction.

Start tracking your food intake. Start to measure again. Myself I am using the weigh****chers point system (which is easy) and following my rules of eating as a post op. Such as not drinking liquids with solids to empty my pouch so I can eat more... or eating slider foods. I am also weighing myself daily just as a reminder. Keeping in mind to not get discouraged if I don't lose weight daily. Remember we are 4 years out, we are not going to lose rapidly like a early post op is.

For me going on liquids for a couple days was difficult, but I am so glad that I did it. I have stopped the sugar, and chocolate and all those things that brought me to this place. Goodbye pizza and all fast food. Nothing tastes as good as thin feels right?????

Feel free to message me if you want to use the buddy system in this. WE CAN DO IT ! WE DIDN"T COME ALL THIS WAY TO GAIN IT BACK !!!!!!!!

Winnie_the_Pooh
on 1/8/12 9:59 am
Track the food you are eatng.  Every bite.  There are several free sites out there.  I use sparkpeople.com.  This will be eye opening to the amount of protein,  calories and carbs you are eating.

Exercise!!!  Find something you like.  I started taking Zumba at the YMCA. It is low impact and everyone does what they can and doesn't do what they can't (hi impact).  It's fun and you work up a sweat.

Winnie

immafatgirl
on 1/8/12 2:17 pm - KY
goes to show, with or without surgery stress & depression play a big role in weight gain. we get whipped , we eat . i had lost alot of weight at one time and then i got sick and got fired from my job of 12 years that i loved. i ate and i cried and i slept and i cried and i ate ... i got heavier than i had ever been. the stress played a part on my health issues .. i got really bad high blood pressure and had pin strokes. i could hardly move or climb stairs which made my joints ache all the time.just remember why u had this surgery and beat the demons that are trying to set you back in life. u can do this . im rooting for you. get started and log your successes here if it helps each week. ..  start walking small distances and work your way up. i am 4 mo out and i catch myself reaching and wanting food all the time. that scares me alot . hang in there . HUGGS!! 
jen101us
on 1/8/12 2:33 pm - Temple City, CA
thank you all for the positive messages and support.  this is a great community and you all have given me hope that i can really lose this weight.
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 218 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 331 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 324 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 334 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 278 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?