Has anyone bought new clothes yet?

dawnie55
on 1/8/12 3:47 am - Garden Grove, CA
all my clothes are way to big for me so i gave them to a friend...but now
i need to buy new ones....Im only 7 wks out and i have lost 30 pounds...
taking my time..not in a big hurry......You sure can tell i have lost weight
family and friends tell me how good i look
wvugal89
on 1/8/12 3:57 am - MD
I live in Maryland and I am only three weeks out but I went to Kohls and bought long sweaters and sweater coats along with the dressier versions of yoga pants that I wear with boots and heels. So far it is working well for me as I am comfortable at work, I teach and I can tighten the drawstrings which I have had to do. I look professional and it should keep me for a while I hope.

Teri-Lynn
POI

BBall58
on 1/8/12 3:59 am - MD
I am in the same boat as you. However as an admitted tightwad I just can't bring myself to spend a lot of money on clothes that I will only be able to wear for a few months. I have been going to the local Goodwill store to buy transitional clothes.   At first I was opposed to the idea. God has been good to me; I make a good living and can easily buy new clothes. After giving it a lot of thought I came to the following conclusion. When I buy my transitional clothes at Goodwill I am spending 10% of what the clothes will cost if I bought them new. After a few months when I can no longer wear the clothes anymore I donate them back to Goodwill.  In summary, Goodwill will get both the money I used to buy the clothes and they will get the clothes back as a donation.   

Bettisima
on 1/8/12 4:05 am
Goodwill and other used clothing stores are your friend. We change a lot during this journey. I started in 22/24 and I bought a pair of jeans about a week ago that are size 10.

I do buy some clothes new, but only if they are on sale big time. I typically only wear a size for 6 weeks before I can't stand the way they hang on me. Without Goodwill I would have gone broke.

I am getting closer to goal, which means my sizes shouldn't change a lot more. I have a 17 year old daughter who I make go shopping with me. If things are snug on me, but don't look saggy on her I will buy them. She's 6' and 150lbs, I don't think I am going to get any smaller than she is. So I keep telling myself stuff that fits us both will be long term keepers and it's ok if I spend a little more on them.
dawnie55
on 1/8/12 4:13 am - Garden Grove, CA
thank u for all the advise ..i think i will wait.on buying clothes for now,
LJ1972
on 1/8/12 4:57 am - FL
I've only bought one pair of jeans and 2 shirts since surgery in August! Fortunately my sister's friend had surgery 4mths before me so I got clothes from her, and then I also met someone from here on OH in a town nearby and they gave me clothes as well! If I DO buy clothes it will be at a thrift store.
lv2h8me
on 1/8/12 5:17 am
I'm right there with ya...but I'm gonna check out some second hand stores until my weight is more stable! Congrats on the progress!!!
~Kimberly~
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wNoKWG7/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wNoKWG7/weight.png[/img]
[/url]

owlisn
on 1/8/12 5:22 am - NC
 I bought a couple of pieces when the LOFT outlet had a good sale after Xmas.  For me, it was really a celebration and not a true need.  I bought sweaters that were a little snug so that I could wear them though the season and have learned that layering works well for me.  It was nice to not be the largest size in the store and I actually even bought a button down shirt, which I have not been able to were comfortably in quite a while.

For work pants, my friend is giving me a pair and I bought some inepensive ones at Macy's last weekend.  I also still have some that are currently 2 sizes smaller and am glad I never got rid of them.  Once those are too big, I don't know what I'll do.  I haven't been smaller than a 10 in over 15 years.
Allison

(deactivated member)
on 1/8/12 6:05 am
 I have lost around 35 - 40 pounds and have not bought any clothes yet. I am pretty handy with a sewing machine and have been taking my clothes in as I go. I am down almost two sizes so I am sure I will need to go to the thrift store soon and pick up a few things. 

vim_and_vinegar
on 1/8/12 6:12 am
 I'm 3 weeks out. I started out at a size 22 and a week ago bought a pair of size 18 jeans on super-sale at Old Navy -- BIG mistake! They're already way too big. :-/

Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday menu?
Ymaliz · 28 replies · 164 views
Another Tuff Day!
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 43 views
What's on your Wednesday menu?
Ymaliz · 59 replies · 397 views
What's on your Tuesday menu?
Ymaliz · 34 replies · 314 views