Is Peanut Dressing good for us

dawnie55
on 1/7/12 3:59 am, edited 1/7/12 4:27 am - Garden Grove, CA
i bought a salad at Trader Joe's yesterday : CRUNCHY SLAW w/ chicken, crispy noodles, and Peanut Dressing..i didnt eat the carrots..    or the crispy noodles .i just had a little bit enough to make me full ..it was so good...this salad will last me 3 days.....i had no problems with the salad
hlacy
on 1/7/12 5:42 am - Chandler, AZ
In moderation I don't see a problem with Peanut dressing. Their salads are usually pretty healthy. I also don't see an issue with carrots, but maybe those are not on your plan. On the dressing, check the label on the container and it usually lists the dressing nutrition. I would say in such a small amount the sugars probably aren't that high. 
"Keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps a singing bird will come"           

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 1/7/12 6:37 am - OH
 The problem with the dressing is much more likely to be the fat content than the sugar...  The one by BF used to get was 25g of fat per tablespoon!

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

hlacy
on 1/7/12 6:57 am - Chandler, AZ
I am not sure this is the same dressing they use with the Crunchy Slaw salad, but if it is the fat is not bad at all!

http://www.fatsecret.com/calories-nutrition/trader-joes/thai -peanut-dressing

(deactivated member)
on 1/7/12 5:42 am
 I sure wish I could have a salad. My surgery was the same day and doctor says I have to wait till three months out to have a salad. 
hlacy
on 1/7/12 7:00 am - Chandler, AZ
I was able to have it at two months out. Those were the longest two months EVER!

Lisa R.
on 1/7/12 5:43 am - CA
 That is a great salad, I love it.  I eat everything in it but I am further out then you.  The peanut dressing is fine.  In fact I think dressing that are regular (not the non fat or light versions) are better because they have less carbs.

The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. ~ Ayn Rand        
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 1/7/12 6:35 am, edited 1/7/12 6:35 am - OH
Even if they have a ton of fat?!?  (edited for $&%# iPad autocorrect crap!)

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

hlacy
on 1/7/12 6:59 am - Chandler, AZ
LOL I have the same problem on my iPhone! 

Lisa R.
on 1/7/12 7:31 am - CA
Define "ton" of fat? Would 14 grams per serving be a ton? I don't think so. I would assume that most people who are watching their weight would not use too much of it. Moderation.

The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. ~ Ayn Rand        
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday menu?
Ymaliz · 28 replies · 164 views
Another Tuff Day!
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 43 views
What's on your Wednesday menu?
Ymaliz · 59 replies · 397 views
What's on your Tuesday menu?
Ymaliz · 34 replies · 314 views