Trouble wtih food intake at 4 mo postop

SkyHarborGirl
on 11/30/11 7:28 am
I would like to know if any one out there has difficulty eating food on a regular basis. I am 4 months out, and had a stricture corrected (last treatment 2 wks ago) and recently recovered from ulcers, but still to this day i cannot eat more than 1/2 cup of food at one time, max (feeling completely full) and my food options are extremely limited.  No red meats, dairy, bread, pasta or anything with more than 14 grams of sugar. Anything I do eat has to be plain jane.  I am extremely bored of this food plan and would like to 'spice up' my meals.  One piece of good news is that I do not 'feel' hungry.  My calorie intake averages between 800-900/day

Does anyone else struggle with this? or have recommendations on what I can try?
poet_kelly
on 11/30/11 7:29 am - OH
That will likely get better in time.  Meanwhile, what have you been eating?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Eliza55
on 11/30/11 7:42 am - PA
I'm glad to hear from you - I thought I was unique.  I'm where you are.  I had surgery a week before you, I do not have a stricture, but I've had trouble tolerating solid food,  can eat no poultry, and I am completely lactose intolerant.   I struggle to get my calorie count over 500 per day, I can eat only about 1/4 - 1/3 cup,  and although I tolerate carbs (not good), I can't tolerate much other than protein shakes.    Here's my list of acceptable foods:

a few shrimp or an ounce of soft white fish like talapia
lactaid milk
eggs
unjury protein powder
Isopure protein powder
Syntrax nectars protein powder  (but I can only have lemonade etc about 2x per week)
Cabot 75% reduced fat cheese (is lactose free)
thin sliced ham (1 oz at each meal)
sometimes I can get down thin sliced roast beef (1 oz ), .

If I go astray, I get horrible stomach pains. And yes, I don't enjoy protein powder, but it is a necessity.

Eliza
Consult:239   SW:217  1mo:195  2mo:182  3mo:169   6mo:139  9mo GOAL CW: +2 from underweight

SkyHarborGirl
on 11/30/11 8:05 am
@Kelly.  As I look over my food journal it is pretty consistent:

-Greek yogurt
-Proti drink
-Proti soups
-Wonderslim Pudding/shake
-Protein bars
-1/2 banana
-Broccoli/Carrots-stir fry
-Chicken
-Turkey
-on occassion I can do 1/2 a weigh****cher chicken teryaki meal.
and a ton of water daily!

I cannot tolerate any protein shakes that are mixed with milk, so I just use the Proti drinks instead.
I have tried some of the receipes on eggface and although they turn out great and my family loves them, I cannot get them past my nose. 

Thank you for your input Kelly!
Ladytazz
on 11/30/11 2:00 pm
At 4 months out I couldn't eat more then 1/2 cup,either.  I could eat red meat but I avoided all refined carbs, still do, and I dump so no sugar at all.  I didn't mind keeping things simple, though.  The less I had to think about food the better.  I just looked at it like taking medicine, something I knew I needed to do but didn't really care one way or another.  It took a while before I could look forward to eating again.
Now I enjoy going out to eat, I enjoy finding different things to make and experimenting with different flavors and spices.
Things will get better.  You've had a rough start.  It should turn around soon.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s your plans for Saturday?
Melody P. · 10 replies · 83 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 263 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 277 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 326 views