what do drs expected you to lose 2 wks after surgery

dawnie55
on 11/30/11 7:06 am - Garden Grove, CA
I would like to find out how much do they expect for u to lose

i know everyone is different..,,i dont know if im eating enough

over my 3 wks of clear fluids ..they want u to take in  64oz or 8 cups over the 3 wks

could use some guide lines

dawnie55
(deactivated member)
on 11/30/11 7:17 am
 I don't think that I had lost anything at two weeks out. It takes a little while for your body to stop needing all of its focus to be on recovering from surgery. Try not to stress out about it, the weight loss will happen.
dawnie55
on 11/30/11 7:28 am - Garden Grove, CA
thank u so much..im just hoping im eating enough i have only been out of the hospital 1 wk today
(deactivated member)
on 11/30/11 7:42 am
 Just keep trying to get all of the fluids in that you possibly can. You'll work up to the amount they want and it gets easier as you go. It is hard to force yourself to get enough, sometimes, but you don't want to get dehydrated and end up in the hospital again. If you are really worried that you aren't getting enough, call your surgeon's office and talk to the surgeon or nurse. You'll be fine, I'm sure! The first couple of weeks are rough, but it is worth it!
dawnie55
on 11/30/11 7:57 am - Garden Grove, CA

I WILL JUST INCREASE MY INTAKE..I THINK AND LOOKING OVER MY JOURNAL  ..I HAVENT

TAKEN IN ENOUGH...I HAVE ONLY BEEN ON STAGE 1 FOR A WK NOW

THANK U

poet_kelly
on 11/30/11 7:28 am - OH
I doubt they have any expectations.  Everyone is so different, you might lose five pounds, you might lose 15.

I'm guessing they want you to get 64 oz of fluid a day, right?  What about protein?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

dawnie55
on 11/30/11 7:30 am - Garden Grove, CA
64 oz. over the next 3 wks thats included 60 to120 grams of protein
Winnie_the_Pooh
on 11/30/11 8:33 am
I don't think I lost much 2 weeks post-op.  I came home from the hospital 20 lbs heavier than I went in due to all the IV fluids, swelling, etc.  I think it took me at least a week to lose that.

Winnie

dawnie55
on 11/30/11 10:25 am - Garden Grove, CA
my belly does feel a little swollen

thanks
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday menu?
Ymaliz · 28 replies · 166 views
Another Tuff Day!
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 43 views
What's on your Wednesday menu?
Ymaliz · 59 replies · 397 views