Changing from Sleeve to Gastic Bypass Next year

Carmen C.
on 11/26/11 12:46 pm
RNY on 08/08/12
Well..

I have to honestly.. saw... I have gained 50 pounds (after VSG) .. after 3 years..I am so upset with myself... .. - Allot of things DRASTIC has happened.. but I didn't loose all my weight.. with this surgery... humm.. I am a little upset.. that my weight loss was slower than anyone...

My insurance.. is Select Med.. PLUS.. I am an intermountain healthcare employee.. doing everything and already have a surgeon in mind.. almost ready to go .. to have this surgery next August 2011.. A little scared but after discovering.. that I have a large hernia.. and my esophagus is damaged and I am on my max of omerazole (anti acids) every day. . they did some biopsy tests and they stated my tens tines are filled will acid.. I have to have surgery..

Next year I will be having a gastric bypass.. they said this should help with the acid issues and repair my hernia..

Any thoughts of feedback..

I wonder if my weight loss will be the same??
Bucketta
on 11/26/11 2:26 pm
 Did you mean Aug 2011 or 12?  Also, if you are having all those problems why are they waiting so long to do your surgery?  I wish you only the best and hope RNY is the right surgery for you.  

Jacqueline 
 RNY 1/24/11

takqia1
on 11/26/11 6:31 pm
My daughter has chose the sleeve she is 18 and I didn't want her to do rny until after she has children. I hope she has better luck than you did. Good luck with your new surgery I love mine.
Kim H.
on 11/26/11 7:53 pm - VA
RNY on 07/11/11 with
Well, I think the truth is that we can all regain no matter what the surgery. I hope you get to your goal with the RNY but remember that they bypass our stomach not our brain. So, we have to really work at changing the habits that make us gain like making bad food choices, eating more than we should, or snacking off our plan. I hope you have success with this surgery but just remember it's a tool and not a magic wand. Good luck!

I am my own hero...I save myself one day, one meal, one bite, one choice, one challenge, one step at a time...
princess_raspberry
on 11/28/11 2:06 am
Good luck. I have horrible acid reflux, so I really feel for you and the problems you are having. I've got my fingers crossed my GERD will be gone with my surgery.
HW 394 | SW 330 | CW 270 | GW 150
preop [64]  month 1 [32]  month 2 [10]  month 3 [18]

Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday menu?
Ymaliz · 33 replies · 278 views
What's on your Monday menu?
Ymaliz · 31 replies · 350 views
Monday Monday
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 46 views
Terrace Relaxin on Sunday
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 53 views