Journey Calcium?

tlhopeful
on 11/1/11 1:41 am - NC
Has anyone tried Journey calcium pills? I'm looking for a replacement for the chewables I have. I don't like candy type stuff. Of course, the chalky tablets stuff is gross. Please let me know if you've tried the Journey ones and seen the benefits. Thanks.
My Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/user/tlhopeful

poet_kelly
on 11/1/11 3:12 am - OH
What type of calcium is in it?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

poet_kelly
on 11/1/11 4:22 am - OH
OK, I thought I knew some stuff about this brand and I double checked.  Here's what I know.

The manufacturer of these calcium supplements states the type of calcium they use (Dimacal) is absorbed better than calcium citrate but apparently has been unable or unwilling to provide any studies that actually prove that.  I get suspicious whenever companies make big claims like that but can't or won't back it up.

The manufacturer also offers a multivitamin and makes all kinds of claims about what their multi will do for you that they cannot back up.  For instance, they say that they use a special type of iron and calcium in the multi that prevents the iron from blocking the absorption of the calcium.  Well, iron never blocks the absorption of calcium, it's calcium that blocks the absorption of iron, but there is no data to show that the iron and calcium they use in their formula prevents this problem.  There is, however, data that shows the type of iron (and some other minerals) used in their multi are only absorbed in the upper part of the small intestine, which has been bypassed in us.

The woman that owns this brand has a discussion forum, and when some people posted questions about her statements about how her calcium is absorbed better than any other kind or pointed out that iron never blocks the absorption of calcium or posted links to studies that show some of the minerals used in her multi can only be absorbed in the upper part of the small intestine which has been bypassed in us - she simply deleted those posts and blocked the people that made those posts.

Here's my point.  I don't trust the brand.  The calcium may be fine, I'm not sure.  The multi is not fine at all, though, and the person that owns the brand provides all kinds of inaccurate information and is unwilling to answer any questions about her multi.  That makes me not trust any of her products.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

tlhopeful
on 11/1/11 4:42 am - NC
Wow, thanks for the info, Kelly. I won't be trying it at all. I did wonder about the calcium/iron claims when I visited the site. I'm not trusting it either. Thanks again.

Andrea U.
on 11/1/11 6:39 am - Wilson, NC
I'm one of the ones who asked questions and was banned for it.

Also, this is a chelate and the makers OF the chelate (Albion) clearly state that chelates only absorb in the duodenum, which is bypassed in RNYers. When asked about this.. yeah, banned.

I have all of this documented on my blog, if you're interested.

tlhopeful
on 11/1/11 7:04 am - NC
Wow, I'm visiting your blog now, and I am shocked. I'm so glad I asked the question, and I hope others will see it and avoid this product. Thank you for letting me know and for sharing your link.

Most Active
Recent Topics