Good Sunday Morning to all / Crockpot recipes!

WildHeart101
on 10/22/11 7:44 pm - Lexington, KY
I hope that everyone is doing well today.  I'm up early but I'm a nightshifter and I work tonite.  What are your plans today?  I'll be sleeping a bit and working on some homework before going to work.  I have a nice crockpot meal planned for today.  In efforts to eating better and getting different ideas, I thought it would be fun to share a recipe today.  Here's what I'm making...

Pepperoncini Beef (Crockpot)

3-4 lb lean beef roast
1 clove minced garlic
1/2 package Italian salad dressing mix (dry)
1 beef boullion cube
1 - 16 ounce can pepperoncini peppers (do not drain)

Place roast in crockpot, sprinkle dressing and garlic over beef, drop in boullion cube, pour peppers with the juice over the roast.  Cook on low 8-10 hours.  Serve over a slice of crusty whole wheat bread or have just the meat with a salad.
For the family, I'll be making steak fries.

Do you have any decent crockpot recipes to share?
Cindy    *number on ticker includes 14.5 lbs lost prior to surgery                                                                                

SweetLilyAnn
on 10/22/11 11:09 pm - TX
Oh that sounds yummy!!! Here is a cool website with suggestions http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/recipe-forum-sticky-threads/9116-add-your-favorite-crock-pot-recipe.html

HW: 328   GW: 164  CW: 159  Height - 5' 8"  
GOAL REACHED 12/15/2012!!!!!!!!!

RNY Surgery Date:  6/21/11  
LBL/BL  - 11/6/2012 Arm Lift with Abdominal Lipo - 12/11/2012 - Dr. Paul PIn
Love me without restriction, trust me without fear, want me without demand and accept me for who I am.         - unknown - 

LADYBUG 75
on 10/22/11 11:49 pm - Indianapolis, IN
Wow!  Thanks for that link!  Tons of great recipes!

Tina

Nothing will work unless you do.-- Maya Angelou

~*K J*~
on 10/23/11 12:00 am - MD
 This sounds great. Thanks for sharing!
 ~*KJ* HW 330 Day of Sugery 320

Sharon G.
on 10/23/11 3:12 am - maple grove, MN
 I have made that beed!  It is delish!!!  Also try www.crockpotgirls.com They have tons of recipes too.  If you are on facebook.  Find them and like them.  They have a bunch of recipes on Facebook.  I made cowboy stew last night. It was delish.

2 lbs of browned hamburger drained
3 carrots sliced
some type of soft potato quarters I used golden baby potato's
1 can of cream of mush soup low fat/low sodium
1/2 can of water 
1 can of diced tomato's

Let cook on low for 5 hours or until the potato's and carrots are soft.

It was delish.  You could also put over rice!  My family loves it just as is right out of the crock pot.
losing-jennifer
on 10/23/11 4:12 am
I'll chime in....here's my favorite crock pot recipe. I have trouble with ground beef/meatloaf but doing this meatloaf is so tender and you will never go back to oven meatloaf. Whole family loved it. I used low carb ketchup and skipped the brown sugar.
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/melt-in-your-mouth-meat-loaf/detail.aspx
Jen
HW 254  SW 242  CW 148
**Down 106 pounds from highest weight!**

qtmcmom
on 10/23/11 5:17 am
Yesterday I made Eggface's (Shelly's) crock pot carnitas. SO good! I had mine in romaine lettuce leaves with the taco fixin's (lf sour cream, salsa, onions, tomatoes, etc), the family had them in traditional tacos. Plenty left over for lunch today. Very tasty, super tender, highly recommended! Here's the link to her recipe: http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2008/01/carnitas-and-tamale-test.html
Regards,                                  HIGHEST / CURRENTCURRENT GOAL / FINAL GOAL
Lisa
                                                        361            202               195                    175

I can do all things through Him who gives me strength. ~ Philippians 4:13

seashell6417
on 10/23/11 5:27 am - Gaylord, MN
I love to toss a three pound bag of frozen boneless/skinless chicken breasts in the crock pot w/ salsa and cook it all day while I am at work.  When I get home I drain some of the liquid off and toss a brick of reduced fat cream cheese in and let it cook for another 30-45 minutes.  After the cream cheese gets soft I stir the whole thing and the chicken falls apart.  You then have an amazing chicken that can be used for tacos, wraps, salads, eaten plain, or whatever!
Tami

melizabeth
on 10/23/11 8:03 am - CA
I love crock-pot recipes too.  Here's an authentic Mexican crock-pot recipe that I make that mimics Miguel Jr's small fast food chain here in Southern California.

Pork Potato and Cheese Burritos (or w/o the tortilla)

1 - pork roast (butt or shoulder what ever is on sale)
1 lg. can (26 oz.) of Las Palmas green enchilada sauce
1/2 onion diced
4-5 Potatoes peeled and cut into chunk size approx. 6 pieces per potato (not bite size)

Place the potatoes at the bottom of the crock-pot put the pork roast on top of the potatoes.  Pour the green enchilada sauce on top of the roast then add the diced onions.  Cook on high for 1 hour then turn down to low for the remaining 7 hours.  Remove the cooked pork roast from the crock-pot and shred meat by using 2 forks.  Make sure to discard any fat.  Make burritos with flour tortillas (low carb if you like) add meat with a little sauce, potatoes and top off with cheddar cheese (fat free is you like).  It is also tasty served w/o tortillas and a side of fat free re-fried beans.

Taste's just like Miguel Jr's I promise! 

Melizabeth

RYN 9/20/11--HW 211--CW120--Extended TT 3/7/13   

GOAL Weight 120 met 18 months post op

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s your plans for Saturday?
Melody P. · 10 replies · 83 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 263 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 277 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?