Life is cheap. Ain't it great?

Susan_U
on 10/21/11 8:24 pm - Ontario, CA
I love the fact that since my surgery on Sept. 23 the amount I spend on food has plummeted.  Because I eat such small amounts food goes a looooooong way. 

When the surgeon told me I could start on very soft foods at my one-week check-up, the small list of allowable foods included fish.  Since I hate to cook it I began going to Red Lobster.   I eat my two ounces there & take the rest home--and get 6 more meals.

Yesterday, at my 4 week check-up, the doctor expanded my list of allowable foods.  Chicken, turkey, some veggies, fresh fruit (no grapes), etc.  He also said spicy foods are OK.  So today I went to Chipotle.  I bought three chicken tacos without the shells and got some of their tomato pico de gallo.  Ate my 2 ounces there and took the rest home--enough for 4 or 5 more meals!

Groceries go a long way, too.  Happy dance.   The most expensive thing I've bought is my Isopure protein powder, but even then, I get 52 shakes out of one container.

As body weight goes down, wallet weight goes up. 

HW: 260  -  Consult: 241  -  SW: 239  -  CW: 206  -  GW: 140

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
Will Rogers

WildHeart101
on 10/21/11 10:46 pm - Lexington, KY
Amen to that!  You will be able to eat more and those meals that you're getting will last 2-3 meals but it's still great! 
Cindy    *number on ticker includes 14.5 lbs lost prior to surgery                                                                                

chunkymonkeylvr
on 10/21/11 11:40 pm - KY
I am still on the pureed stage and I am already feeling the benifits.  As food costs continue to rise, I couldn't be more excited.  

I figure I will be able to share meals with my daughter and we will cut our eating in half.

Surgery Date 10/17/2011
HW:316  SW:298  CW:280

lilbear412
on 10/22/11 3:07 am - MN
 I find i eat lots of leftovers now which i didn't really do before.  I now will make crock pot meals and eat them for like 3 days.  chipotle sounds good..need to go there. lol next month probably.  Tonight we are going to go to Outback as my husband has a free steak dinner.  I will have shrimp and mashed potatoes.  I have only really been out one other time.  We went to Culvers and i had a grilled chicken breast...took off the bun but was told i could order it just plain without the bun.  That chicken breast was my dinner and my snack that day.  lol  And it was so tender and tasty.  

Laurie says:  Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind  ~~~ dr. suess

(deactivated member)
on 10/24/11 3:29 am - RI

totally agree! I am loving this part of the journey!

Most Active
Recent Topics