Body Changes...let hear them!!

axlebart2
on 10/10/11 2:14 pm - CA
By far the most noticeable change to me is I am always cold when pre op days it was I was warm..
now I added my Down Comforter to my bed. I understand this was a major deal for my body and feel lucky to have this tool. 
I hope this changes back..everything else seems OK so far. As far as other changes I read about Periods yuck!! (I am a guy) but what else I mean my taste appear to be the same!
Anyone else notice a change with their bodys or taste? 
BugdocMom
on 10/10/11 3:20 pm - CA
EVERYTHING tastes different, kind of muted. And my sense of smell is so strong. I LOVE the smell of food but don't like the taste. I find myself prefering a "sniff" of something yummer rather than a bite.
Loveshinesthru
on 10/10/11 4:09 pm - Mesa, AZ
 I dont think my taste has changed much. I have a hard time tasting strawberries mixed in my shake. but I can taste everything else just fine. my sense of smell is stronger. And I am cold all the time too!!   A lady i know that is a little over a year post op still is cold. not sure it will change? 

I dont know if this is related but since i had my rny, ive gotten 2 occular migraines, when I just had reg ones before. could just be coincidence. 

What are the period changes? I havent read about that yet.  

HW: 314 SW: 297 CW:166

laura_vermont
on 10/10/11 9:22 pm
I haven't got used to the "lack of insulation" so I'm still cold.  Not an issue for guys, but shaving under my arms is a lot more difficult.  Feeling my bones is odd.  Taste was way off shortly after surgery and I used altoid smalls or listerine to get the bad taste and help with breath issues.  Other than that, I now like some foods that I previously hated -- like melon & avacado. 
High Weight 278; consult weight 234; Surgery Weight 219 Surgeon's Goal Weight 150 -10/27/10  -  Personal goal weight 140 - Achieved 12/11/10  

Melinda A.
on 10/11/11 2:36 am - Annandale, VA
Yes!!  I totally have trouble shaving my arm pits, now.  They used to be flat, now they're - too deep or something ... weird, and TMI, I'm sure!
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 384 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 398 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 221 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 117 views
Recent Topics