Protein/Liquid Diet

MaMaMaRTiNeZz
on 10/4/11 7:52 am - Los Angeles, CA
RNY on 11/01/12
I was wondering if anyone knows of a good semi-liquid diet that I can use as a tool to jumpstart my weight loss. I started counting calories and exercising last week and lost about 5 pounds but I was in the process of moving this weekend and had no gas to cook with. I pretty much ate fast food and didn't have time to do my Zumba. I gained almost all of the 5 pounds back so I am hoping for a good diet for about 5 or 6 days to put me back where I was and set the foundation for my continuing pre-op weight loss. I have until November 14, 2011 to be about 267. I am about 306 now. Any tips and diets appreciated. Please no discouraging comments about the weight loss I am attempting and the time frame I have to lose. Thank you.

NOTHING tastes as GOOD as SKINNY FEELS...

Starting Pre-Op Weight: 305     Weight On Day of Surgery: 297 

Debra P.
on 10/4/11 8:06 am - CA
VSG on 03/15/12
 I do a protein shake for breakfast and lunch and a light dinner (under 300 calories) lean meat and a green veggie. 64 oz. of water a day.  If I need a snack I have sf jello or sf fudge pop.  I have lost 26 pounds in 9 weeks.

MaMaMaRTiNeZz
on 10/5/11 1:03 am - Los Angeles, CA
RNY on 11/01/12
oh wow, thats a great loss! congrats! and thanks for the tips

littlewitch1973
on 10/4/11 9:17 am - NY
 You can try Unjury shakes, or Sintax Nectar shakes, and use those for breakfast and lunch (thats what I did) and then eat a high protein dinner. I did that, and lost 8 pounds in a week, putting me at the weight they wanted me for surgery. 

Zombie
on 10/4/11 10:20 am
I know you probably heard this before, but drink lots of water pre-workout and after your workout. If you want to try something different with water try the Mio drink mix it's delicious. Then switch it up you know, try a meal for breakfast and then during the day try a protein shake and maybe a protein shake at night a few hours before bed. Try not to eat anything a few hours before going to sleep because your metabolism is more active during the time of day when you are up and about. Start out slow then ease into it, don't go in thinking you are gonna tackle this over night, limit what you eat. Try eating 4-5 small portions a day. Try eating smaller amounts throughout the day. Good luck with everything.

~Paul~

MaMaMaRTiNeZz
on 10/5/11 12:53 am - Los Angeles, CA
RNY on 11/01/12
Yeah, that sounds about right. Last week I lost about 6 pounds in 3 days. I drank about 12-14 glasses of water. Stayed under 1400 calories and tried to eat every 2-3 hours. That routine mixed with my hour of Zumba every night seemed to be doing the trick. I really had the mindset to continue throughout the weekend and then moving day hit. I was so busy and continuosly back and forth from one place to the next that I didn't eat on schedule and finally realized I had no gas at my new place! Ugh, it was a nightmare and on top of it I was getting in bed at like 12-1 due to unpacking everything and my nightly exercise was literally the last thing on my mind! Well, back on track now. Thanks for the pointers!

MaMaMaRTiNeZz
on 10/5/11 12:55 am - Los Angeles, CA
RNY on 11/01/12
I also feel that its probably better to replace the shake with breakfast and dinner definitely and have my meal at lunch, that way I can at least burn most of it off before I get home and Zumba. LOL.

Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday menu?
Ymaliz · 28 replies · 164 views
Another Tuff Day!
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 43 views
What's on your Wednesday menu?
Ymaliz · 59 replies · 397 views
What's on your Tuesday menu?
Ymaliz · 34 replies · 314 views