Im about 4 weeks post op and i thought i was prepared for this but.....

AnneGG
on 9/24/11 5:15 am
Persevere!!! "Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did."

I'm chuckling at myself now 1+ years for my fears at 4 weeks out! I had the same concern.

And here I am now at goal in a size 2!

You'll get there!

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Mary Catherine
on 9/24/11 5:56 am
 Average weight loss after RNY is 100 pounds in one year

Month 1  -   20 pounds

Months 2 –  6  10 pounds per month

Months 6 – 12 - 5 pounds per month

D-J
on 9/24/11 6:35 am
I know it's hard to have faith and confidence in something we have never expirienced before but i promise you with each stall/or "length of times you don't lose lbs" you will come to know that losing again is just around the corner,,i went thru this and know exactly what your feeling,,i am three months out now and just am coming to grips with believing that such a wonderful and unbelieveable thing is happening to me and is continuing to happen to me,,it's an amazing journey for all of us who made this leap of faith,, just keep doing what your plan calls for and it will pick up again,,
Sunny64
on 9/24/11 7:10 am, edited 9/23/11 7:17 pm
I stopped losing at 9 days. I am 4.5 weeks out. I did not lose anything for another week and a half and then bingo. I am at 37.8 today.

I started losing weight two weeks pre-op and it was about exactly 3.5 weeks from when I started my pre-op, had surgery, and then stopped. I wrote an almost identical stall post.

Honestly, you will start again. It is cruddy that it happens, but if you keep on your plan you will lose more, just your body resetting. I am now losing so fast I am dropping sometimes 1.5 lbs a day. Hang in there.

Paula F.
on 9/25/11 1:58 am - Rochester Hills , MI
I too stopped losing about a week, week and a half out.  I have only lost about 13 lbs since surgery.  I see someone earlier posted they have only lost 20 since surgery - lucky!  Anyway, we just have to keep telling ourselves that this too shall pass and just keep plugging along.

Paula
Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 489 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 392 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 412 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 227 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 119 views