Im about 4 weeks post op and i thought i was prepared for this but.....

kishamb
on 9/24/11 2:57 am - MD
How long does it usually take for the scale to move again....Im about 20 pounds gone in those 4 weeks......I thought i was prepared...but im nervous. What if i dont lose another pound? Im trying to be a good soldier....Im tolerating soft food well been getting my walks in......not doing well with protein shakes and water....

I know I know be patience and grateful. Ive never loss that much in a month before.
Lisa R.
on 9/24/11 3:22 am - CA
 What are you exactly scared of?  Not losing any more weight?  Why would you think that you have stopped losing?  You are only 4 weeks in and you have already lost 20lbs?  You really don't even qualify to be in a stall since usually a stall consists of not losing ANY weight for over 2 weeks, or fluctuating up and down 3-5 pounds.

Just relax, you are going to lose more weight, quite a bit more.  It is not going to happen overnight.  It is very normal to be thinking these things at a month out, many of us has the unrealistic expectation that we would be think in only a week after surgery!  That doesn't happen.  Honestly, I did not really see or feel much difference until I was about 3 months in.  Give it some time. Set some realistic goals for yourself.

The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. ~ Ayn Rand        
kishamb
on 9/24/11 3:31 am - MD
the bad thing is i havent really set any goals....just nerves kicked in...wondering what if...I dont lose any more...Im gonna try to take a "chill pill" and relax, i just wanted to let this all out
Winnie_the_Pooh
on 9/24/11 3:39 am
It will start up again.  Weight loss is not constant.  I go a week sometimes longer then I drop a few, then I stop a while (or small gain) then I drop again.  It's crazy but in the end  it works out.

20 lbs in 4 weeks is great.  Give your body a chance to catch up.  Take measurements.  Often when you are not losing your body is still shrinking!

Winnie

Renee2be
on 9/24/11 3:48 am - NC
I'm with you i am 16 days out and down 20 since the day of surgery, 31 including pre-op..  i know part of that is due to being dehydrated.  Past few days i have been able to take in more liquids and most foods i have tried are tolerated well.  i have been stuck on 230 since tuesday.  My mind is playing tricks on me even though i know it is the added fluids that my body needs!!!!!!  Hang in there!!  I am sure we will get there!!!!!!!!!!

kishamb
on 9/24/11 4:27 am - MD
im stuck at 230 also! lol
lilbear412
on 9/24/11 3:48 am - MN
 I wonder if that is a nervous thing for all of us that we are afraid we will be that one stat that doesn't lose anything but i think that is nearly impossible.  I can see i might only lose 100 lbs instead of 130 or something like that and in my mind its unrealistic that i will ever be small again.  lol its almost to big of a thought for my brain to wrap itself around.  But like someone said, if your weight isn't coming off likely your losing inches.  When you lose weight the inches probably aren't coming off.  
Like you its hard to get in the protein.  I am only personally eating a 1/4 cup per meal so how can i get in protein with that?  And between water drinking all day i am full and am having a tough time with the protein. I envy the ones that have figured it out.  I can't wait to start eating the bars that will help big time.  
I am losing weight though.  I have been on a bit of a quiet period this week but i am ok with that.  I would rather lose it slowly i think.  I read one lady lost 110 in 3 months.  How can that be good?  If we lose slowly then i would think our bodies and SKIN have time to fit us properly too maybe?  
I would just keep doing what you can do to get what you need in with what little we have to work with.  the weight can't help but come off.  My daughters unborn child eats more than me for the love of God.  ha!!  keep us updated.  

Laurie says:  Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind  ~~~ dr. suess

poet_kelly
on 9/24/11 3:51 am - OH
What if you don't lose more than 20 pounds?  What if you stop losing for good just four weeks out?  Um, I guess you'd gets lots of attention from doctors and scientists because you would be the only gastric bypass patient ever to only lose 20 pounds and to stop losing after just four weeks.  I really, really doubt that's going to happen, though.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

kishamb
on 9/24/11 4:30 am - MD
Kelly,
Im so glad you replied, you have a really sensible/polite way of making us feel silly.....I like it...LOL

Thanks
poet_kelly
on 9/24/11 6:08 am - OH
Glad I could help!

You might feel better if you stay off the scale for a while.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 488 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 392 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 409 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 226 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 119 views
A Year and a Month Out Already.