For the ladies . . .

paulrap
on 9/23/11 9:29 pm
I am scheduled Monday and of course started my period last night. Of the many surgeries I have had over the years, this has never happened. Should I be happy to get it over with? I know I can't wear tampons during the surgery, but to be sure they give you some of those mesh panties, right? Like after you have a baby? Just my luck! 

Hope your day is great!

Paula

Banded 1/22/2009 Revision to RNY 9/26/11

sunnycapecod143
on 9/23/11 9:59 pm
They told me to expect it to start before surgery because of stress. And of course it did a week early. Yes just let them know when you get to the hospital it they will give you what they want you to use. Good luck with everything You'll do great

SweetLilyAnn
on 9/23/11 11:02 pm - TX
Sigh.....that is soooooooo typical. Grrr yes, I have had surgery and have been on my period. The nurses told me that it happens A LOT. I hate that you can't wear a tampon, they do give you a pad and mesh panties and they are equipped to handle this...but it sucks, I know. But the good news is that you got it over with and can have 3 weeks of feeling good while you heal. I did not have mine during surgery - I do feel for you. Just one more thing that you have to deal with. Good luck with surgery and let us know how you are doing.

HW: 328   GW: 164  CW: 159  Height - 5' 8"  
GOAL REACHED 12/15/2012!!!!!!!!!

RNY Surgery Date:  6/21/11  
LBL/BL  - 11/6/2012 Arm Lift with Abdominal Lipo - 12/11/2012 - Dr. Paul PIn
Love me without restriction, trust me without fear, want me without demand and accept me for who I am.         - unknown - 

Loveshinesthru
on 9/24/11 8:02 pm - Mesa, AZ
 Mine came the night before and I brought my own pads with me. I did start using the hospitals though while I was there.. Once they took out the catheter, I started using theirs.  They told me that it happens alot.  They offered me those mesh panties too, but I dont like them.

HW: 314 SW: 297 CW:166

Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday menu?
Ymaliz · 28 replies · 150 views
Another Tuff Day!
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 40 views
What's on your Wednesday menu?
Ymaliz · 59 replies · 388 views
What's on your Tuesday menu?
Ymaliz · 34 replies · 313 views