Lost over 100 and now hip and back pain

ibeanniebe
on 9/24/11 12:43 am - NM
We are relearning how to carry ourselves. I have to still remind myself to stand up straighter and I do some yoga stretching to relieve some minor frame and muscle aches. Part of my problem is age related but it also related to losing more than half my body weight. At three years out I am getting better at it and now that I have health insurance again I may be able to get some physical therapy to help as well. It still isn't as bad as carrying around 320 plus pounds on a 5'3" frame. I even have to relearn how to approach my lane in bowling because my body dynamics are so different.
Ann and the 'Bean'
Blogs mysecondhalfoflife.blogspot.com/ and amanicinsomniacsreadinglist.blogspot.com/

High/Surg/current/goal - 320/253/150/healthy - I am 5' 3" tall - Size 8 now! Past surgeon's goal now!

Boxer Heather
on 9/24/11 2:29 am - Grasonville, MD
YES!  I'm almost 3 years out and I still have back, hip, and knee pain. I see a pain management doc and have been on meds, had injections, etc for about 2 years.  I also have a back brace to wear when I do something that I know will hurt my back.  Just the other day I had a new MRI on my lower spine to make sure my herniated disc did not rupture.  He also ordered x-rays on my hips.  The original thought was that it was bursitis but signs are pointing to something more.  Honestly, if I'd known this was going to happen, I would have lobbied to have the DS.  I REALLY miss NSAIDS!!

Good Luck with yours, hopefully it's just temporary!

boxerlickinggirl.gif boxer licking girl image by boxerheath               

Massagelady
on 9/24/11 6:44 am
 i agree with some of the others.  I believe that it has a lot to do with your body re-adjusting to the lighter weight its carrying.  I am a massage therapist and I also believe that your muscles are readjusting as well.  They will pull and stretch etc. trying to get re=aligned.  I would suggest chiro work and massage therapy, plus regular exercise likePilates or yoga.

good Luck!

LTewell
on 9/24/11 10:10 am - indianapolis, IN
Thank you to all of your replies.  I have a pain management doctor and I think I'll make an appointment to see to this new pain.  I have lower back pain due to a break that never healed, but when this new pain started I was perplexed.  Massage therapy and exercise/physical therapy sound like a plan.  Here I was thinking losing weight would help my back.  I know it will in the long run.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 493 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 393 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 413 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 228 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 120 views
A Year and a Month Out Already.