Can strictures come back?

stacyeparker
on 9/22/11 2:27 am - South Charleston, WV
OK a week ago I was scoped and they strecthed out a tight stricture. Now I am back to not being able to eat anything and keep it down. this has been going on for 3 days. This morning seems a little better, I have nibbeled on a couple things and thus far have kept them down. but I still have some pain.
So should I be worried about having to go back for another scope?
poet_kelly
on 9/22/11 2:35 am - OH
They can, and often do.  Some people just need them dilated once but it's not unusual to need it done two or three times.  Occasionally even more than that, but not too often.  What happens is, they stretch out the opening between the pouch and the small intestine, but sometimes it tries to go back to its old shape.  And especially if it was super tight when they stretched it, they might not be able to really stretch it enough in one try.

Give your doc a call right now.  You don't wanna wait 'til the weekend and then not be able to get liquids down and have to go to the ER.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

stacyeparker
on 9/22/11 2:40 am - South Charleston, WV
thanks for the advice. I will give him a call right now.
Pholaris
on 9/22/11 2:49 am
Did they give you any Meds after the Stricture? I can't recall the name, but after mine, I had to drink this pink stuff that was supposed to help with all the symptoms and coat the stomach to diminish irritation.

Definitely get checked again though.
Pregnancy%20ticker
Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s your plans for Saturday?
Melody P. · 10 replies · 83 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 263 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 277 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 326 views