Chest tightness and nausea

SkyHarborGirl
on 9/20/11 10:13 am
I am 5 weeks out and up to this point no problems.  I noticed about two weeks ago that I was not able to eat as much as I could early on.  I went from a 1/2 cup to about 1/4 cup at a meal.  Then about 5 days ago I noticed that when I eat I have a tight feeling in my chest and now nausea has set in after every meal.  The feeling is not yet unbearable, but seems to be getting more intense everyday.  I have absolutely no appetite.  The only time that I do not get the tightness is when I am drinking water.  Could this be a stricture?  I was under the impression that a stricture was when you couldn't keep food down and had tightness.  Any ideas?

D-J
on 9/20/11 10:17 am
it does sound like the startings of a stricture,,or could be an ulcer,, you should call your doctor,,
poet_kelly
on 9/20/11 11:48 am - OH
A stricture is when the opening between the pouch and the small intestine gets too small.  It usually happens in the first couple months after surgery and seems to be a result of "overhealing" where the small intestine was attached to the pouch.  A stricture can be so tight that there is not even enough room for water to get through but often water goes through but it's hard to get food through.  It usually gets progressively worse and worse over time.

You need to call your surgeon in the morning.  It may not be a stricture but if it is, you want to get it fixed as soon as possible because eventually it probably would get so bad you could not even drink and then you would get dehydrated very quickly which can be dangerous.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

sweetpotato1959
on 9/20/11 1:14 pm
You need to see your surgeon...ASAP... Don't accept any answer, but..."Come on in "  from that office.
Denise
Most Active
Recent Topics