Low Blood Sugar?

50andFabulous
on 9/18/11 11:32 pm - TX
Prior to surgery, i know that if my blood sugar got low, it was recommended that I drink a regular soda or some type of juice.  Now that I am back on solids, I haven't tried any juices yet - afraid of dumping- and I know that soda's are out.  SO my question is, if I suddenly experience a low blood sugar episode, what should I do?    

walterswife
on 9/19/11 12:18 am
My doc suggested I get some glucose tablets from the phanmacy and carry them with me.

HW 240/ SW 229/ GW 146/CW 125; OH Support Group Leader   

Starting size:  18W-20;  Present size: 0 or 2; 5'5-1/2" tall. 
Current BMI 20.4 as of 2/13/2013 (normal for the first time in my life).
Goal weight reached on 8/12/2010; As of 1/13/2013, 21 pounds below goal

poet_kelly
on 9/19/11 12:56 am - OH
Eat protein with carbs - like a few peanut butter crackers.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

sweetpotato1959
on 9/19/11 11:04 am
 If you tolerate milk.. a three ounce serving and a little ( a scant tablespoon)natural peanut butter works well for me.
       I find that when my protein intake is  up to prescribed levels and carb  intake is down to prescribed levels...my sugar is stable.... I  hopeyou have the same experience.
      IN an acute  emergency you can put  a small amount (a teaspoon or less)of sugar under your tongue, to be absorbed sublingual..you would have  a rise in sugar  within 1- 2 min. and then it would be necessary to get some high protein and good carbs in ASAP...to prevent the rebound drop.
Denise
Most Active
Recent Topics