Your Last Supper.

Mrs-Quiggle
on 9/19/11 6:40 pm - United Kingdom
On September 19, 2011 at 4:28 PM Pacific Time, xopammi wrote:
Country fried steak with gravy, carrots and mashed potatoes with gravy (Cracker Barrel) 

moose tracks is vanilla ice cream with chocolate peanut butter cups and fudge ripples.  What is jam roly poly???
Jam roly poly is lovely and definitly probably not allowed after the op.  It's  suet pastry which is 1lb flour 1/2lb beef suet, pinch of salt, mixed to a dough with water.  Rolled out about a cm thick then spread with jam (jelly) and then rolled up like a swiss roll, seal the ends and either bake or steam.  It's a good old English favourite and usually brought in the frozen deserts dept now days to put in the micro wave definitly not the same as homemade.

http://thepuddingclub.hubpages.com/hub/Jam-Roly-Poly
(deactivated member)
on 9/19/11 1:32 pm - Front Royal, VA
RNY on 08/29/11 with

I totally forgot about having a last supper, I was too worried about dealing with the 2 weeks of Optifast!   My last supper meal was cracker barrel's chicken fried steak with mashed taters, sawmill gravy and mac n cheese.... YUM.

My first WLS (Lapband) my ex took me to Morton's steakhouse and we had drinks, prime new york strips, loaded potatoes, sauted spinach and the best pecan pie I have ever tasted. 

hlacy
on 9/19/11 1:38 pm - Chandler, AZ
Oh, tough choice between Indian and Chinese! I am partial to a good curry or korma, though :) A lot of people have trouble with Chinese more than Indian after surgery, so you may want to go that route. Fish and chips you can enjoy when you are further out - one piece and a couple chips would likely be okay if you don't make it a habit. MAN fresh fish and chips with some malt vinegar sounds divine! I'd also consider indulging in the roly poly and custard now because those, too, may be hard after surgery.

I spent about a month doing a "bucket list" - couple times a week had things I enjoy and knew I'd likely want to avoid permanantly post-op. My last meal was actually just a simple turkey burger with some delicious sweet potato fries and a couple of beers at a local restaurant know for great burgers. I know now I can eat the burger and the fries (baked, not fried, LOL), but that meal was good, and the beer was wonderful (a lovely peach ale). 
"Keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps a singing bird will come"           

seattledeb
on 9/19/11 2:49 pm
Stale frosted flakes.
I was stuck in a blizzard.
Deb T.

SweetGirl11
on 9/19/11 3:37 pm
I had two last suppers!  One was fettucine Alfredo and Caesar salad.  The second one was four slices of pizza, ice cream, and brownies.  YIKES!

Enjoy your last supper, whatever it may be!  All the best to you on your upcoming surgery!

Michelle    (OH member since 2004 - new user name)

HW 285 / SW 270 / GW 140 / LW 135 / CW 185

RNY 6/8/2009  
Starting size 26/28, now size 12/14

"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever."  -Hebrews 13:8

Most Active
Recent Topics