Hello

Mrs-Quiggle
on 9/18/11 7:16 am - United Kingdom
It's me Mrs Quiggle.  I've just hopped over from London and found you.  What Godsend finding all you lovely people to share my journey with.  I can see I'm going to become addicted to this site if I'm not careful. 

I have my op booked for the 7th Nov. in London and I'm getting both excited and nervous at the same time.  My husband is getting worried as he should be lol.  He worries that I will regret the bypass afterwards when I can't eat what I eat now.  I think he thinks I havn't actually looked into and though about all the pros and cons over the last 3 years while I've been waiting for my turn on the NHS system here.  I would have been done this year in April had I not had a small heart attack in November last year.  I've had to wait a year till I'm off one of the drugs I've been given to stop the blood sticking to the stent they fitted. 

I can't wait to be fit and healthy again, to go horse riding with my daughter and swimming etc. with both of my children aged 12 and 13.  What a wonderful journey we are embarking on. 

Mrs Quiggle x
lilbear412
on 9/18/11 7:23 am - MN
 OMG heart attack and your so young.  I hope this journey will do your body good and losing the weight just can't be a bad thing.  Glad you hopped over and didn't swim because that big pond is cold.  lol  
looking forward to hearing more about your experiences.

Laurie says:  Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind  ~~~ dr. suess

sjbob
on 9/18/11 8:45 am - Willingboro, NJ
 I'm glad that you found this forum.  You may want to look at other forums on this site in addition to coming here.  I think there's a forum for foreigners.  I only mention this because I usually post in a different forum but I've met more people that I can help and who do help me by looking in other Forums.  I tend to stay out of the Main Forum because it runs so quickly.  We have an older sport's figure over here named Yogi Berra who is famous for his witty statements.  He often says them without even realizing how humorous they are.  One that I thnik of when I think of the Main Forum is that "nobody ever goes there anymore because it's too crowded"  which roughly translates as an old favorite has become popular so our crowd doesn't go there to relax.

I'll go to th Main Forum if I want a quick response.  On the other hand, if I see a response there and don't note the date and time of the post or copy it, I know I'll have trouble finding it in a few days.  

Many people are not aware of the information that's available on the Diet and Nutrition Forum which is not set up like most of the other forums.  It's run by medical professionals but also lists various products that are peer reviewed.  Separately, there's a recipe forum.  Once you have are post-op, you may want to go to the fitness and exercise forum.  However, I think you'll be getting all the exercise you need by simply playing with your children.
hlacy
on 9/18/11 9:22 am - Chandler, AZ
Welcome Mrs. Quiggle! I'm glad you found us, too! I love love love all things British, and have never had the chance to visit. I look forward to seeing you on here often!

Cheers!
"Keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps a singing bird will come"           

Mrs-Quiggle
on 9/18/11 9:29 am - United Kingdom
Well thank you so much for all your lovely welcomes.  I'll be sure to visit the other forums, still getting the hang of this one at the moment.  You all seem such a friendly lot and I look forward to chatting to you all. 

Mrs Quiggle x
missjann
on 9/18/11 11:43 am
Welcome Mrs. Quiggle!  Glad you found us and we're happy to have you!  I think
you'll find a nice mix of newbies and veterans here and lots of good advice. It's
nice to read and see just how things really go for various folks.  I've found the
board very useful during my journey.  Come back often. We'd love to hear from
you!  It's nice to make friends abroad and in such a lovely place! 
    Jan

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s your plans for Saturday?
Melody P. · 10 replies · 83 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 263 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 277 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 326 views