Tea Bags

50andFabulous
on 9/12/11 12:08 am - TX
I am finally back at work full time.  This morning I am so sleepy that I can hardly keep my head up.  Normally I would have a Dr Pepper or 1 cup of coffee.  I know that those are out for now.  But I REALLY need some caffeine right now.  I just fixed myself a half cup of tea using a Lipton tea bag and sugar substitute.  Is this okay to drink hot tea using a regular tea bag as opposed to decafienated?  I don't drink cofee or tea that much but on occasion I really need it.  Will this hurt or hinder me?  BTW this is the first hot beverage I have had and it feels so good going down!   

sumueulu
on 9/12/11 12:59 am
It's fine, but you can't count that as a liquid for the day b/c it's got caffeine.
Grumpy_old_man
on 9/12/11 1:02 am
Try a No-Doz. Caffeine in a Pill.
(deactivated member)
on 9/12/11 1:48 am - North Brookfield, MA

omg that avi of yours is a riot!

Mia H.
on 9/12/11 1:58 am - OH
 You can have a cup of coffee or tea with caffeine, just make sure it's not the only liquid you drink.  Add a some unflavored protein powder to your coffee and you can get your protein in at the same time.  Now sugar Dr. Pepper, stay away from.

poet_kelly
on 9/12/11 2:55 am - OH
If used in moderation, I don't think it will cause any problems at all.  In large amounts, caffeine may cause some problems, but there is some debate about that.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

bomoni727
on 9/12/11 3:16 am - MN
I'm with Kelly.  The jury is still out about this issue.  But, when I return to work on 9/20 I plan to replace my daily cup of coffee with herbal teas with splenda and see how that goes.  I discovered during my pre-op phase that I could do without coffe.  Now this coming from a person who drank at least 2 big mugs of coffee every day with sweet creamers.
Most Active
Recent Topics