update on my situation

YankeeRose
on 9/11/11 2:30 pm - Meadville, PA
Can you try some cottage cheese or greek yogurt? They are both high in protein. What about tuna, eggs, canned chicken or salmon? Another poster on here posted just the other day that she was able to get 60 g protein in with just food and not shakes but she had to eat high protein foods every 2 hrs.

Tammy
Luck 'o the Irish
HW399/SW362/CW219/GW130
*37 lbs were lost pre-op

rbb825
on 9/11/11 2:49 pm - Suffern, NY
I wish  you surgeon would have expressed the necessity of taking taking supplements postop  - it isnt' optional. IT is mandatory.  If you didn't have the funds, then you should have held off having the surgery until you could have saved some money for the supplements. I am not trying to be mean but it is your life.  We have had postops not take there supplements and now they have permanent nerve damage, brain damage, blindness, osteoporosis, tooth loss, hair loss, THe list keeps going.

You must take a minimum of a multi vitamin, calcium, B12, b1, iron.  You should take vitamin D as well.  The rest comes with labs.

B12 you can get an injection once per month from your doctor or the sublinguals are very cheap.  Centrum silver chewables or CVS brand is also very cheap and goes on sale frequently.
calcium citrate- get citrical which is also very cheap - if you know anyone that belongs to costco - they have supersized bottles for alot cheaper.
b1 - really cheap
iron - best bet is at vitalady.com tender irons - bottle of 400 for about $20 - will last you for 6 months

Maybe you can borrow some $$$ from a family member for the time being - explain the necessity.

Make sure if you get the free vitamins  that they are the correct ones.

YankeeRose
on 9/11/11 2:59 pm - Meadville, PA
"Make sure if you get the free vitamins  that they are the correct ones."

They are the correct ones. They are from Bariatric Advantage - chewable multi's, chewable calcium citrate, sublingual B12 and chewable iron.

Tammy
Luck 'o the Irish
HW399/SW362/CW219/GW130
*37 lbs were lost pre-op

crystal C.
on 9/11/11 8:04 pm - lynn, MA
Also check your local dollar store, the sell things like that might not be the ones you would buy normally but at least it is something. I am having surgery a week from today and I stocked up proir to receiving my date on those and protein.
Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s your plans for Saturday?
Melody P. · 10 replies · 83 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 263 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 277 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 326 views