Day 5 post-op

nurse55
on 8/23/11 5:06 pm
DS on 09/11/12

Hi!! I have been following Flylady for about 3 years and I love it!! Do you do it on Facebook or on her website. FB is interesting because they play a bingo game involving cleaning.

Your post has made me feel so much better!! Looking forward to being on the other side!!

Eliza55
on 8/23/11 8:49 pm - PA
Kimmie -
I agree that you never feel prepared until after the surgery, then it even took me a couple of days for the realization to set in for me.  Good luck for your recovery.

Angie and others -
I was diagnosed as pre-diabetic with a quickly rising A1C, my cholesterol was constantly rising up, and my blood pressure was going up quickly, and I found out during the process that I had sleep apnea.  I had the surgery at a low BMI (35-40), because I did not want the ravages on my body that those could produce.  I'm so glad I had the surgery when I did.  My blood pressure is down within 2 weeks, the surgeon had my sugar tested every six hours in the hospital-it was great, and my primary care doc took me off the cholesterol meds, and will re-evaluate them in 2 months. 

Take care all,
Eliza
Consult:239   SW:217  1mo:195  2mo:182  3mo:169   6mo:139  9mo GOAL CW: +2 from underweight

hlacy
on 8/24/11 10:16 am - Chandler, AZ
Good for you, Eliza! My sugars were stubborn in the hospital, but have been great since I have been home. I too have sleep apnea, but I am finding if I nap I don't need my CPAP like I used to (though I am still using it diligently at night). I was only diagnosed as Type II about two weeks before surgery, so I am hoping to be off the meds and testing soon. 

-Heather
"Keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps a singing bird will come"           

lilbear412
on 8/24/11 12:36 pm, edited 8/24/11 12:42 am - MN
thanks for the well wishes you all. can't wait to join you all on the losers bench.

Oh and J. the losers bench is where we LOSERS have to sit because we are LOSING weight.

Thanks again all...
Laurie

Laurie says:  Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind  ~~~ dr. suess

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 441 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 343 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 193 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 400 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 205 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?