Food choices almost 8 weeks out

shannon0731
on 8/22/11 3:42 am - LA
OK, this Saturday I am going to watch a baseball game in my company's suite. food choices are Hot dogs, hamburgers, chicken tenders and of course, cookies, popcorn, beer, water and soft drinks. Well, at least I have water! But seriously, would I be pushing it if I tried either a few bites of burger or hot dog, no bun or chicken tenders, no breading?  I was going to bring some cheeses and protein bars just in case anyway. Let me say I have had NO PROBLEMS introducing food into the diet. I am really good about the chewing and little bites. I certainly wouldn't be trying to get any significant about of protein (hence the bars and cheese for that) but more to be "sociable"/  I found these good whole wheat fruit crisps to have instead of cookies/ /popcorn.

so should I just go with my food and not try the other, or do you think I am far enough along to socially nibble?

Thanks!!
Shannon
I'm Ready!

poet_kelly
on 8/22/11 3:47 am - OH
I personally think a little nibbling would be fine as long as you think you can tolerate those foods.  If you haven't tried them at home yet, though, you might not wanna try them for the first time at a ball game.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

seeingthelight
on 8/22/11 3:55 am
Im 9 weeks out and have no problem with a hamburger no bun...ive even had 1/2 of a hot dog no bun..
Shanneee
on 8/22/11 3:57 am - MN
Hi Shannon,

I'm a little less than a month out and my surgeon okayed me to start introducing regular food into my diet.  He said that I might want to wait on beef and salad for a few more weeks, as I might have issues getting them down.  According to him, I progressed through the other stages so quickly without any issues that introducing new foods was ok now.  

Maybe stay away from the hamburgers in case they get stuck.  The hot dogs would probably go down the best (I tried sausage and had no problem) but aren't the healthiest choice.  If you could take the breading off the chicken tenders it might be a little better (although they are probably fried :)  

I highly doubt that a few bites of any of them is going to sidetrack your progress.  At 8 weeks you have a good idea of what your body can and can't handle, right?  (at least I'm hoping!)

Good luck!   
cakes72
on 8/22/11 4:10 am
I am 8 weeks out and have tolerating a lot of different foods and still lose quickly.  i would go for a hotdog, no bun not the hamburg...goes down easier.  I have no problems with hotdogs...but only eat about half.  Try one at home first though to feel more confident.  I have also eten popcorn and crackers and sweet corn...but not really supposed to yet  I dont think.  Jsut remember to chew well and have fun!
syarbroG-5
on 8/22/11 5:14 am
Hey Shannon,  I had my RNY a week before you and I am eating everything under the sun but sugar. Pre- surgery I have always been a picky eater. Sodas and fried stuff was my downfall. I am still craving oatmeal cookies. I have been for a couple of weeks now. ( MY OH FRIENDS probaly remember that)!! LOL!!   But I have not touched any sweets, sugar-free or not. Took the advice of some NICE people on OH!!   But I am eating what I want . But low carb and no sugar.   I eat chicken tenders, hotdogs,steak, porkchop,  hamburger( heavy)!! Haven't tried popcorn. I think the best advice you were given was " Try new stuff at home first"!
But don't forget to have fun!!

IN IT TO WIN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Barbara C.
on 8/22/11 5:27 am - Raleigh, NC

Shannon,

As long as the foods are allowable on your program and you are able to tolerate them, they should be fine. You might also see about checking with the dietician with your program to see if they have some suggestions. 

Barbara
ObesityHelp Coach and Support Group Leader
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/bcumbo_group/
High-264, Current-148, Goal-145

Lammy
on 8/22/11 6:15 am - North Providence, RI
We had our surgery on the same date.  I am eating Steak, burgers (no buns), chicken, salad...  pretty much anything without carbs and have had no issues...  Stick to water to drink and take a burger cheese and veg if they have it and just go carbless...  should be fine

THE HARDEST STEP OF ANY JOURNEY IS THE FIRST ONE 

Winnie_the_Pooh
on 8/22/11 12:28 pm
My surgery was 6/8.  I ate 1/2 a hot dog on 7/4 at our holiday picnic.  No bun and removed the skin.  I have a hot dog at another picnic last weekend.  I left the skin on,  no bun.  I haven't tried a hamburger yet.

Winnie

knailnhair
on 8/24/11 10:10 am - Milford, NJ
Maybe just try one or two new things incase you have an issue you'll know which one caused it? Just a suggestion....have fun!!!

Kimi
Everything happens for a reason..Just believe...

Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday menu?
Ymaliz · 28 replies · 150 views
Another Tuff Day!
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 40 views
What's on your Wednesday menu?
Ymaliz · 59 replies · 388 views
What's on your Tuesday menu?
Ymaliz · 34 replies · 313 views