Kittenlove you MAY have invented protein cake frosting! Bless you!

Cleopatra_Nik
on 8/18/11 10:47 pm, edited 8/18/11 11:55 pm - Baltimore, MD

(or damn you…I haven’t decided yet…)

Tried your peanut butter/protein stuff. Wow.

Ok so here’s how I made mine (will feature on BF too but my family here gets the first peek):

1 tbsp peanut butter

1 scoop chocolate whey (Pure Protein)

3 tbsp Hood Calorie Countdown chocolate milk

1 tbsp SF Davinci Hazelnut

I followed your instructions and nuked the peanut butter (about 45 seconds did the trick) and added the whey. I mixed until it was the texture of wet sand. Then tablespoon by tablespoon I added the milk, mixing each one in, until it reached a pudding-like consistency. Then I added the syrup and mixed again. I refrigerated overnight and what I came out with was…

Something very much like Nutella yes BUT also like…

Frosting. Chocolate Frosting. Like the kind that goes on cake…protein cake perhaps?

So that’s how I’m going to market it on the blog with the name “Kitten’s Love Potion #9 Protein Cake Frosting."

I could not eat it by itself. Too rich. But atop my protein cake I think it will be the one/two knockout!

Thank you for this recipe!

Nik

P.S. And anyone coming out to the BF Holiday Food Tasting this year (more info soon) will also be blessing Kittenlove because I am totally now making protein cake with this frosting! Woot!

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

Cherylkas
on 8/18/11 11:16 pm - PA
Frosting? FROSTING? I need to make this. 
 Come visit me on my bloghttp://apeekintomytreehouse.com/ 

Start weight 282, Surgery weight 265, Current weight 131, Goal weight 140 

A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water.  Eleanor Roosevelt

Cleopatra_Nik
on 8/18/11 11:49 pm - Baltimore, MD
I know right????

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

Gina1013
on 8/18/11 11:50 pm - Canton, OH
 Did someone say 'FROSTING'???
Nik, when you say "1 scoop chocolate whey" do you mean the protein powder I make my shakes from? (I use Body Fortress in my pre-op diet)

Weight at consult 7/14/11:  413

Cleopatra_Nik
on 8/18/11 11:55 pm - Baltimore, MD
Yep. That'd be the one!

mrs.berry
on 8/19/11 12:28 am
OMG. i must try this today!!!
RNY Gastric Bypass 1/14/11
SW 276.5
GW 150 - met 12/11!!! 
Pregnant w/ #1 due 4/9/13
Cleopatra_Nik
on 8/19/11 1:19 am - Baltimore, MD
If you do, snap a pic. I really do intend to feature this on Bariatric Foodie and I want proof that it turns out the same way for someone besides me. :)

slim2bsoon
on 8/19/11 1:46 am - MD
NIk:
I made this twice last week.  First time was pb, protein powder and enough SF syrup (I think I used chocolate) to make it crumbly but still stick together.  I rolled it into a ball and refrigerated - came out like a truffle - 2" in diameter.  This could be rolled into smaller balls so you get the sense of eating more.  The second night I added way too much liquid, refrigerated it and yup, came out just like frosting.  Even let one of the kids try it - my son, who said, man, this tastes like chocolate frosting.  Let me know the details of your holiday tasting and I'll be there!
Jackie
Cleopatra_Nik
on 8/19/11 2:15 am - Baltimore, MD
Info is on the blog. Look to the right panel. :)

seattledeb
on 8/19/11 1:45 am
Who doesn't love KittenLove????

Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday menu?
Ymaliz · 31 replies · 196 views
Another Tuff Day!
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 46 views
What's on your Wednesday menu?
Ymaliz · 59 replies · 397 views
What's on your Tuesday menu?
Ymaliz · 34 replies · 314 views