Pot Smoking after Surgery

JerseyJim
on 8/18/11 5:46 am - Sayre, PA
I'm not a pot smoker, but if I was I'd worry.  Our entire lives are written out on the Internet.  One quick search and you can learn everything about there is to learn about someone just by using their screen name (if they use the same screen name elsewhere).

This actually reminds me of that Facebook thing that was happening awhile back where people were posting things about their bosses/companies on FB, and it got back to their employers and they were fired.  Just something to think about. But not while you're high. That **** can make you paranoid. :)

HW: 418 SW: 386 CW: 225 GW: 210

Cleopatra_Nik
on 8/18/11 5:51 am - Baltimore, MD

Ok, seriously Jim? The only person getting fired is me. From laughing at my computer so much. Seriously!!!

Think of it this way…Nik has no job, Nik can no longer fund yummy recipes to feature on blog. So it would really hurt us both. ;)

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

JerseyJim
on 8/18/11 5:58 am - Sayre, PA
Nik, you know I love you and I do it all for you. 

Melinda A.
on 8/18/11 5:38 am - Annandale, VA
OK, so I've kinda skimmed through the responses, so forgive me if I repeat anything.  First, I am concerned that you are still having trouble keeping food down at almost 6 months out -- that's a problem that should be addressed by ur surgeon.  I will tell you that I couldn't eat for months and months after surgery and weed is what finally allowed me to be able to eat.  I just made sure I stayed away from junk and only ate things that are on plan.  I think it just got my "new" stomach used to food.  Eventually, I was able to eat without the help of green -- and I eat totally normally, now.

I've always been a marijuana smoker and it helped me with many medical issues.  (really don't care this is an open forum....we can have a legalization discussion if you wish, but that is not what this is about ....I would win, anyway ;-)--the facts are on my side).  I am thrilled that most of you reserved judgement -- I wouldn't worry TOO much about transfer addiction, the jury is still out on whether addiction to marijuana is even possible (I am not saying it is impossible, I am saying it is questionable). 

Bottom line, do what works for you - you are not the only one -- it helped me too --- check with your doc about your continuing food problems. (might want to try a vaporizer so ur not causing ulcers with the smoke)
(deactivated member)
on 8/18/11 5:45 am - Columbus, OH
 Thanks sweetie!  A vaporizer, eh?  I haven't tried..but last I looked they were pricey.  I'll have to check into it seriously...

My next appt w/my surgeon is in Sept and I will mention it..but I've been doing really great with keeping food down lately...*ahem*...due to my activities.  I do plan to mention that to my surgeon but as I said earlier...was just a little worried about discussing it with my health provider.  I don't know why...I feel like a little kid doing something wrong and I'll get scolded.  LOL

I don't care that this is an open forum either...as my real name isn't "ChiChi", believe it or not.  LOL  ;-)

JerseyJim
on 8/18/11 5:52 am - Sayre, PA
The open forum thing wasn't a judgment at all.  In my opinion, I think pot should be legalized for use by any adult.  It's harmless, and NOT a gateway drug, and I don't think it's addictive in any way. My SIL smokes every single day and she's one of the closest people in my life. No judgment.

The vaporizer thing was used in "Super-High Me" and Doug Benson seemed to enjoy it greatly. :)

immafatgirl
on 8/18/11 7:06 am - KY
i respect your honesty. and indians smoked reefer to talk with the spirits and it was used for healing at some point..but i believe u just think your food goes down better , because it gives you a relaxing & numb feeling. i used to smoke in my younger days , but gave it up . but i had trouble with cigarettes and still want them . i for one would never judge you. i say if it doesnt bother you , then you are good to go...but i would be afreaid of the munchies later on with some weight gain..... good luck!!
JerseyJim
on 8/18/11 7:19 am - Sayre, PA
In reference to American Indian, I think you may be mistaking marijuana with peyote.  Not that I know anything about either. 

immafatgirl
on 8/18/11 8:08 am - KY
i have american indian in my bloodline. looking up on family history . it just said hemp... ALOT!!!
JerseyJim
on 8/18/11 8:32 am - Sayre, PA
I think they used hemp a lot, but mostly for making rope and other such uses. Peyote was used more for those psychedelic trips to meet their animal spirits. Plus they smoked a lot of regular tobacco which they called the "sacred weed". I'm sure they burned a ****load of pot in their pipes, but "pot + sweat tent" won't really get you tripping enough to take a true spiritual journey.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 478 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 388 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 399 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 222 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 117 views